Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a rodeo last night, lol. Ya'll shoulda been there. This crazy hussy, who has been good up until then, decided to lose her mind. Now - her udder was crazy tight and she didn't want me to touch her, she didn't want the baby to touch her, she didn't even want air to touch her....but I did. I got her milked out after much fuss and frenzy, and this morning she was back to her mellow self. In fact, I tied her to the fence and gave her feed and when I turned around the baby was already nursing. I didn't have to move her into position and I didn't have to hold the doe - so I'm really hoping the situation is improving. :fl

Stepped on a piece of glass (or something) in the kitchen last night - ouch. Thought I got it removed before bed but first step out this morning and I was reminded that there was/is something still there. Weird - I can take a few steps nearly pain free and then I'll step wrong and it feels like a huge pillar of glass is in there. I can't see anything or feel anything above the surface - but dang! Guess I'll look for some Epsom salts and give it a good soak tonight. I also heard that you can rub Elmer's glue over the spot - let it dry and then when you peel the glue off that the splinter will come out too....but that might only work if you've got some of it above the surface. :idunno And now - I get to walk across campus to the business office to pick up some checks. That'll be fun.... not.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boy! Sounds like you had some fun! Lol but glad she chilled out this morning. Hope she stays chilled!

Ouch, normally a walk across campus might sound nice but not today!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Duct tape can lift a splinter. Icthammol ointment is my go to product for something that just won't let loose. I had a nasty tick bite last summer. The thing was embedded deep before I found it, when removed, it left "bits" behind, and it took close to 6 weeks to finally get that wound cleared out and healed properly. Icthammol came to save the day. No doubt those bits would have migrated to the surface and the wound would have healed quickly if I had used the Icthammol right away.

Get a strong magnifying glass and have someone inspect your foot. You might have a hair stuck in your skin. I grew up with a Boston Terrier, and I was always getting "hair splinters" stuck in my feet. Those things hurt worse than a paper cut. If you have a dog with stiff hair. That's a possibility. With all your critters, even if your dogs are soft haired, that's still a distinct possibility.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hopefully momma goat learned now that getting milked (preferably by her baby!) saves her a lot of discomfort.

Sorry to hear about your foot and hope you can get whatever is left in there out soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I might have some itchammol ointment somewhere. It's not a dog hair for sure. It was bleeding last night when I first did it...I cleaned it off and thought I got the glass out. Maybe it's just hurting from the cut... but, if it's still hurting when I get home I'll try a soak and some ointment. I'd forgotten about duct tape, but it might hurt to press it on. That's why the glue trick sounded so much better, lol. Don't have to press that on the skin.

Really hope the goat has learned her lesson!