Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will learn the benefit of "naming by color" as you age :lol:

One thing about the bad weather, FEM -- you can package the pork and not feel like you "could be" doing something outside! It's always a problem when we have ONLY a day or two off and need to be inside and outside -- and then, there's rain :th

:fl 2020 retire :fl keep chanting that! :)hide I do)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a pig whose registered name is Fatso... the old owner has 3 kids, I can guess whose doing that was! Lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS12 accidentally-named my dog! Her name before I got her was Phoenix. I said it to her, he mis-heard and thought I say Baymax. Baymax is a robot character in the kid's movie Big Hero 6. He is a "personal healthcare assistant." Given that she is my service dog and that the name is similar enough to her former name to confuse a human, it stuck. :love

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stick a fork in me - I'm done.... So tired! I cut meat for about 6 hours today. I did kitchen cleaning before and massive clean up after. I wrapped and vacuum packed and stuck stuff in the freezer. I rendered lard and … lots of other stuff, lol. Too tired to get more detailed. In between that I unloaded feed, did some CDT shots, locked up does to be milked and then milked later. Had to lock the little bottle baby monsters up in a new pen because I was tired of them peeing all over the porch and dancing on my patio furniture. They are not happy with me right now. AND - I'm trying to teach them that feed is a good thing... they've actually started nibbling.

DH did his volunteer stint at the train museum. He was excited as a kid in a candy shop. But it is a little more physical than he is accustomed to. He had to climb up and down off the train a bunch of times and walk back and forth from the ticket booth to the caboose. He loved it! I think it will be a good thing for him - but as the weather gets hotter he might not be able to withstand the heat. Heat has traditionally caused a blood sugar crisis for him. He drops like a rock. Maybe he can suspend his insulin delivery for the time that he is so physically challenged. He's gonna have to figure it out.