Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank goodness he's only got a couple weeks left. Those people are trying to work him to death already. It's prom season here and the train museum gives lots of train rides to prom goers - seems a lot of them like to have their picture taken there. They asked DH to stay late tonight but he politely told them no. But, he did have some excitement there today. Some guy driving a big ol van just didn't see them (or was trying to beat them at the crossing) and they collided! DH had his first train wreck - thank goodness he wasn't driving, lol! The van went up on two wheels but thankfully came back down without rolling - the train was fine. DH said they really didn't even feel it - but of course EMS, and police and all manner of first responders were there. It was kind of a big deal on the island and now he has a really good story.

Even better - he's cooking dinner! Yay!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my word... That's a bit too much excitement! Glad everyone is o.k. It sounds like he's really enjoying volunteering there, but hopefully he'll make a lot of time to spend with you in-between as well, until you get to retire yourself.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is supposed to be nice weather, hope you have a great day!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday.

E550E329-A02E-4FBA-B5BD-40238555CDD9.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's a bee-you-teeeee-ful morning! What's left of it - I slept til nearly 9. :ep Can't tell you the last time that happened. It's a bit chilly compared to what we've had lately. We've been waking up to temps in the 70's the last couple of days - it's 54 right now. I went out and gave the babies their bottle and then scampered back inside to have coffee before starting the real chores.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous day today. Started in the mid-50s with a blustery wind. I wore a jacket out this morning. The wind died back some this afternoon and we barely hit the mid-70's with a breeze. Not a cloud in the sky. Couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect day.

I gave the gals their Replamin today and did some follow-up worming. Dallas is hanging in - even though I thought she was ready to die yesterday. I had gone out and found her laid out. I grabbed her up and at least she was alive. Put her down and she couldn't stand. Yikes - scared me to death and with all that I was considering euthanasia. But, then I turned around and she was walking out of her pen looking for mama. Geeze Louise! Noir is not wanting to mother this little sick creature so I have to hold her so she can nurse. It's not a struggle - Noir will stand for her if I just keep my hand on her - but she won't do it voluntarily. Started her back on antibiotics yesterday and gave her a little banamine because she definitely was feverish. Fever was down this morning but I'm going to check again when I go out next. Think I'll talk to my vet tomorrow and get her something a little stronger than Penicillin. I need to keep something like Nuflor on hand. I do have LA-200 but it burns so much that I was afraid if I gave it to her that the stress would have killed her on the spot.... :(

Got a few more seeds in the ground! Some radishes and lettuce to start. Lettuce may be an exercise in futility because we'll probably get too hot too soon for it to do well. Stuck some yellow squash seeds out in the area behind the barn just as an experiment. Goats don't usually like squash because it's prickly. Put some winter type squash up in the front garden area...that might be my main crop attempt this year. Or not. I'm sure I'll get some okra and some sort of black eyed peas in - probably some Red Rippers. Maybe even some bush beans or some yard long red beans. Love those. But, garden is taking back seat to life right now.

I've been milking English Toffee a little bit...got two pints from her today. That'll help offset the loss from putting Lucy out in the pasture. Noir and Cameo will carry most of the burden of providing for the bottle babies.

Doing a reverse sear on some steaks tonight. Have them marinating in some red wine with some fresh rosemary thrown in for good measure. Really looking forward to that. Haven't eaten enough to feed a flea today. Not that it'll hurt me to do without for a few hours, lol.