Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
and by the time you were done milking you would stink also from just being so close to the nanny goats.
Oh yuck!

I think if you tried milk from a healthy goat kept in clean surroundings you might have a better experience. I once tried a blind taste test with my kids and DH. I used whole cows milk from the store and pygmy goat milk. Without exception they chose the pygmy milk. My kids explained the taste as being like a "melted milkshake." Not all goat milk is that good - but pygmy milk is high in butterfat which gives it that really creamy taste.

Milk from Nubians tastes almost exactly like cows whole milk - but again - a bit creamier. An ice cold glass is a real treat!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
NEXT year -- FEM & I will be broke & busy!! Loving it, too :lol:
Plus I have no help & FEM is limited until DH is rebuilt. :hugs
True dat! DH will likely never be "much" into outside chores - just too hard to keep his blood sugar stable. He is good at quick things...like holding a buckling for banding. I'll take all the help I can get!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lat night, my DH asked me when I plan to retire - do I plan to retire at 62? I replied that I thought I would retire the same year he did, so at age 65 for me 62 for him. He says that he is planning to retire at 65. Nope, not working till I am 68 years old - at least I hope not. I said I guess I should talk to an expert on retirement payouts and see what makes the most sense for me to retire. At 62, I could retire and go on his insurance until he retired.
So maybe only 9 more years of this job ...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM -- DH can cook -- that's help! He can load & unload dishwasher, that's help! You just need to pick & choose. Give him a new "job description". :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope, not working till I am 68 years old - at least I hope not.
Oh HECK no! We have a wonderful financial planner who has helped us pick some good investments. Hopefully you can find someone who can help you make some plans. Nine more years … you can do it!

FEM -- DH can cook -- that's help
:lol: Just kidding, lol. He can - he's just intimidated by the process....or so he says. He can load the dishwasher - and unload it too. I've been teaching myself NOT to go behind him and reload it...sigh. And with his eyesight I can't tell you the amount of times I've pulled dirty dishes outta the cupboard. But, he's getting better at it all the time.

This week he's been going through a bunch of old files and tossing out paperwork that's no longer relevant. That's the kind of stuff I HATE to do and he's really good at it. I'll be fine with that for awhile!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lat night, my DH asked me when I plan to retire - do I plan to retire at 62? I replied that I thought I would retire the same year he did, so at age 65 for me 62 for him. He says that he is planning to retire at 65. Nope, not working till I am 68 years old - at least I hope not. I said I guess I should talk to an expert on retirement payouts and see what makes the most sense for me to retire. At 62, I could retire and go on his insurance until he retired.
So maybe only 9 more years of this job ...

I've heard that the way to maximize retirement payout is the person with smallest benefit to retire at the earliest age, and the person with the larger benefit to work as long as possible. Was from a SS expert financial planner on public radio, within the last year.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Headed out in a little bit for DH's last :fl eye procedure (at least for this particular problem). Instead of doing an invasive surgery - they are going to do it with a laser this time. Hope it works! After this heals he should get a prescription for new glasses. He's already so much better than he was some months back. For the longest time he walked around with a magnifying glass in his pocket...:( Really hopeful that this will help!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My stepdad , diabetic and finally, almost blind....used a LOT of magnifying in later years, even the whole page thing. He was always upbeat to work with and a very kind person. He & mom had many excellent & happy years together. :) But it was sad to see a really hard working man going thru the loss. Besides eyes, in later years he had lost a leg with circulation issues, had heart problems, etc. It's a nasty disease that people often do not realize has huge impact on so many areas of your health. THANKFULLY, they had not only Medicare but Tricare for Life from his military service. :clap

Last edited:

Latest posts