Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL it brings to mind those white June bug grubs. :sick
Everything on my place LOVES those big white grubs. The chickens, dogs, hogs...well maybe not the goats.

https://edibug.wordpress.com/list-of-edible-insects/
June bug: June bugs (Phyllophaga) can be eaten at both the larval and adult stage. Native Americans roasted them over coals and ate them like popcorn.

Yummy - I need to get me some, lol! Some consider them a perfectly tasty survival food....

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Everything on my place LOVES those big white grubs. The chickens, dogs, hogs...well maybe not the goats.

https://edibug.wordpress.com/list-of-edible-insects/
June bug: June bugs (Phyllophaga) can be eaten at both the larval and adult stage. Native Americans roasted them over coals and ate them like popcorn.

Yummy - I need to get me some, lol! Some consider them a perfectly tasty survival food....
Very few things gross me out, but the thought of eating grubs gives me shudders.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The house smells divine right now! I just took two cakes out of the oven. Tonight is the fall festival at our college and our group runs the cake walk. My donations are sitting on the counter waiting for cream cheese frosting. As DH reminded me - this will be the last one I have to work. YaY for that! It's coldtoday so I'm not really looking forward to sitting outside for several hours. But, i's for a good cause so I'll suck it up and do it, lol.

Butchering on the agenda for tomorrow morning. Should probably have done it this morning, but just didn't feel like mixing butchering and baking. Somehow it just didn't feel right, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Butchering on the agenda for tomorrow morning. Should probably have done it this morning, but just didn't feel like mixing butchering and baking. Somehow it just didn't feel right, lol.

i think it always wise to listen to what your body/mind are telling you as i've found out that doing things otherwise can lead to more mistakes or even injuries. if there is no emergency why press it and turn it into one? :) enjoy the afternoon/day doing other things instead. one thing for sure is that the list never goes away of things to do monyanna! if you are lucky though someone else might do some of them for you. heeheehee...

i took a day off last week to read books and rest up. i should not have done that based upon all the stuff i'm trying to get done before winter closes in, but, well, my body and mind said, take a break so i did...

PatriciaPNW

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i think it always wise to listen to what your body/mind are telling you as i've found out that doing things otherwise can lead to more mistakes or even injuries.

This is so true. I was showing my adult daughter how to split wood this morning and told her to stop every few tries because just like me she can get frustrated and want to bull on through. She noticed her aim was off when she did that. If it were me doing baking and processing I’d have killed my cakes too 🙄