Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bless you @sumi! If our lives ever get back to normal I swear to goodness I'll be in Ireland celebrating!

DH had an eye doc apt today. Why am I not surprised that we are headed for SURGERY #4 on his left eye. GRRRRRRRRRR! First was the vitrectomy, then the cataract, then repositioning the newly implanted lens, and now this next one. DH has been complaining since the first surgery that his peripheral vision was not good in that eye. Seems that there is a 'membrane' that has grown in that eye that must be removed. Even though DH has been complaining the doc couldn't see it until now. It's finally grown enough to be seen from the outside. They do some kind of fancy 'picture' of the eye that finally picked it up. YAY.....NOT! DH told them he wanted to wait until after the first of the year - but I'm not so sure that's the best idea. I'm thinking since we've met our deductible for this year that it might be best to go ahead and get it before the end of the year.

And, just for a bonus today - my dear brother has decided to be a complete a$$. I called him last week and told him that we should go ahead with selling the parents house. He was like "ok" go for it. Today I told him the realtor would like to get the key and he called me yelling so loud that my boss could hear him across the hall. I still haven't figured out exactly what he was so upset about. At this point - I'm not sure I care. My brother is a bit of a social misfit. He's been disabled for 30+ years and has been riding the parental coattails ever since. I'm not discounting the fact that he helped my parents for the last few years - but as he SHOULD have since they've given him so much. Maybe he's just ticked off that he's not in control. I really don't have time to care at this point.

We're supposed to get cold tomorrow so I came home early and did some preps. Hope I did enough.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pssshhh "cold"? Lol supposed to get cold here next week. Single digits at night cold.

Hope the surgery helps- I feel like I say that to you a lot. Too many surgeries!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pssshhh "cold"? Lol supposed to get cold here next week. Single digits at night cold.

Hope the surgery helps- I feel like I say that to you a lot. Too many surgeries!!

Well, ya gotta remember than when it gets below 60 in Texas it qualifies as COLD! LOL

Yea, I hope it helps too. I'm tired of this...and I know DH is 'tired-er' of it than I am!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I truly hope that this surgery will finally give your husband some relief. Poor man has been through so much. Yes, git'er done while the deductible is already paid.

don't feel bad about wanting your life back. We were tied down with Mom, couldn't take her with us and sure couldn't go off and leave her. It hurt to have to make that decision, but it had to be done.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I really hope this surgery will be the last for a long time now. You've been through so much now :hugs

And it's not "If our lives ever get back to normal" it's WHEN. You'll get there. And here hopefully! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And it's not "If our lives ever get back to normal" it's WHEN.
Someday....

Woke up this morning to the kitchen faucet running...the water was hitting the middle divider between the two sinks and had splashed EVERYWHERE...behind the sink, on the countertops on both sides of the sink and the rug on the floor in front of the sink was soaked.

I left the chime on their door - but if they don't close it properly the chime doesn't work... I need to find another door alarm.

I had even left out snacks so she wouldn't have to rummage for something to eat and drink. Juice, yogurt, cookies, water, crackers.... She ate most of it, but still managed to make a huge mess.

My brother is pi$$ed off at me.... don't care right now. However, he was supposed to leave a key for the realtor - and he left the wrong key. Being passive aggressive I guess. Well, screw him - I'll just send out a locksmith and then have the locks changed. Don't care how much it costs. Not going to be abused by him when there's so much other stuff going on.

Happy Tuesday, ya'll!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Locksmith great idea!!! Then bro not involved. They can put a lockbox on the house for realtors to use. Hope you can get insurance settled and house sold! Just another thing "out of the way". There will be many more to hurdle..........HUGS

Sorry about the water. Maybe leave some in a plastic container in frig and turn the supply line off under the sink at night. I know, I know.........but, may work. Really, you can't be up 24/7 BUT, you sure don't need a couple hrs of clean up each morning.

Will she eat a before bed "snak/meal"? Will it help her sleep thru? She is probably not really hungry, just awake and nothing else to do -- or awake and THINKS it's time to be eating. They can't rationalize.

My mom used to fall asleep in front of TV afternoons. One day, as I came in from the feeding choes to take care of our meal (had been cooked already) she awoke and began confronting me about "where I had been" and advised me that she had been up all night worrying and wondering where I was!! OK, it was 6:30 in the afternoon and she felt it was breaking daylight, not dusk. LOL I was sure thinking that I WISHED I had been "somewhere else".

We ate, she scolded, I smiled.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My dad says "good morning" no matter what time of day it is. My mom thinks that every time I'm out of her sight that I'm at work...even if I've only been out to the mailbox. When I walk back inside she always says "oh, you're home."