Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
BTW, just when are you going home? :lol::lol:
Home? Hell I'm going to Montana.... gonna jump in my truck and drive - and the best part is that NOBODY can stop me, lol. I have keys, a truck and a credit card and I can jump ship at any minute! Only thing stopping me is that nobody'd feed the danged goats while I was gone.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You should go to Montana in a few months. It's really cold there right now, lol!!

Dang goats, demanding to be fed and all.

Hope all goes well this morning.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You need to come stay with me for a month :hugs I read your posts this morning, but didn't get a chance to reply yet. Sending massive hugs... I hope hospice can help you and SOON.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@sumi - I sure do!

I'm at my office. Caretaker came to watch the oldsters. It's only been 6 days since she was there last and dad has no idea who she is. He was even asking mom if she (mom) is his wife. While Hospice was there they even said that there's no doubt that dad qualifies too so I'll get the home health folks to write an order soon and we can get them both going.

They're gonna do a lot of good things for us and I'm glad to have them - but what they can't do is any overnight help. I NEEEEEEEED sleep. We can hire an overnight monitor - so I guess that might be the next step. Even though I need it - it would be weird having a stranger in my house overnight.

Maybe I can try to catch up this this afternoon...or possibly jump in bed early if DH feels like sitting up - but he's sick. He's had this coughing crap for longer than I have. Mine is pretty much gone and he's totally re-lapsed. We're both kinda hanging on by our toenails right now.

Hospice is all about just making them comfortable. They are ordering more and different pain meds and heck, they even cover financially all the meds that are imperative for their care. They don't cover everything, but it is truly awesome what they can provide. They're ordering a walker for mom, an over the bed table, they'll bring adult diapers, and even supply Tylenol for goodness sake.

I know now why Hospice can be such a blessing for families in this situation.

Devonviolet

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW FEM!!! I've just been catching up on your journey with your parents! Most people are challenged when one parent has Alzheimers. You and your DH have taken on the double challenge of both parents.
I don't have parents with Alzheimer's, but dealt with much less severe cases, working as a nurse.

I NEEEEEEEED sleep. We can hire an overnight monitor - so I guess that might be the next step. Even though I need it - it would be weird having a stranger in my house overnight.

Yes, you need sleep! If you are able to get a night monitor, by all means, take advantage of it! I know you would feel strange having someone in your home when you are sleeping. But, I know from experience working nights, the monitor would be able to care for your parents at night, as a profession, making it possible for you & your DH to get a decent night's sleep.

So, I say go for it, and being that monitor in to care for your parents at night.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What she said ^^^ If you can get help for even just a night here and there, take it! You have a huge amount on your plate and you are only human. You and that dear husband of yours need to rest :hugs

If you can get Actifed in the States, that stuff worked better for me than any other cough and cold meds. It may help your husband.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agreed, you need sleep! Weird sure, but you won't be able to function if you don't get some night time help!