Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sooooo glad to have that fencing project done - at least for now. Knowing Cowboy - he won't let me off this easy. But, it hasn't really been easy at all...I've worked my behind off on this project - and all in ankle/knee deep mud. One place I stepped today my whole foot and half my leg went under...deep enough that water got down inside my boot - YUCK!

Folks were good. Dad created a ruckus the other night because he was looking for mom and went into another woman's room! Oops - he was just looking for mom. He asks me every time if this place is costing them any money and every time I shake my head and say - nooooo, it's all covered. Other folks look at me with that knowing look and just smile. He says the food is good. Mom just wants to get up. She's getting stronger, but she can't be turned loose to walk and she doesn't like that at all.

I leave every time with that same ol' guilty feeling - but at the same time - there's an overwhelming sense of relief. They are doing well with the routine and seem to like it there.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is an insulated hook that you can use to put a gate opening in the electric fence. Just spent 20 minutes looking for it on Tractor Supply website, but can't find it. I don't know what it is called, probably something stupid. But look at Tractor Supply, they have it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bought six of those things, lol. I thought I had it all figured out when I went out there but somewhere, somehow I lost my plan...and my confidence, lol! And I was short on time so I just made a straight run. I think all I need to do is tie onto the hook and make a loop to hook it into while keeping it tight enough not to sag onto the metal gates. I even started wondering if I bought the right ones since I'm using the poly rope instead of wire. Oh well- it'll get done eventually - probably be next weekend.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am a fencing idiot. When people talk fencing my brain goes numb and I haven't the slightest idea what they're talking about. I have done solo fencing once. DH redid 90% of it because I did it wrong. So.. I think you're a fencing superstar lol!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh, thanks! I've been fencing since I was a kid- but this is my first attempt at electric. DS did all the actual electrical stuff like the grounding rods and hooking it up. But that didn't stop me from jumping up and down and squealing like a little girl when I turned it back on after all my work and it actually worked!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sitting at the surgical center for what BETTER be the last time ever in life. This waking up at 4am-ish is not working for me anymore...fighting downtown Houston traffic sucks like crazy and I'm over it all! Ok- rant done- maybe.

Little Conan is eating like a champ if you can get the nipple in his mouth. Watching his weight and so far he hasn't gained any. I'll check him again this afternoon and if he's not gaining I'll increase either his feeding a or the amount per feeding. This guy needs to grow!

Ok- we're in the back...need to get this surgery behind us!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the surgery goes well! And you never have to do it again!!

How big is little Conan? He's going to have quite the fan club with all of us rooting for him!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Waiting on surgery result. Praying for you both, last one needed.

Conan -- if he's emptying bottle, increase it some. :)

Yes sounds like correct handle for electric. One end a hook, other has metal with hole & it generally is a little pull out/flex. Remember this (voice of experience) -- when you unhook to be able to open gate, you MUST HAVE someplace to connect it temporarily where the wire isn't touching metal. Prevent short out and DO NOT let it touch the gate you are about to open or you may get a shock. :cool: A post with a hook, you can unhook, move it to the post & rehook there until done.

You did good! :clap