Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes that's what I use and I'm sick of paying that much! But that's the only thing I can get without paying huge shipping fees. I can get big bags of sheep minerals for cheap though, so if the Replamin will take the place and give them enough copper... that might help me. They're on sheep feed though so I've been relying on the minerals for their copper . Sigh. So many ways to feed a goat! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another busy day - nothing new there, lol. Did a little gardening, a little laundry, a little goating, a little cooking - the usual.

The youngest doeling still needed to be disbudded. I'd waited so long that she had little horns coming through. She doesn't have little horns anymore.

We'll be banding the two oldest bucklings tomorrow - IF - I have some bands. I might have to make a TSC run if not. I need to get these guys done.

"Supposed" to have the spotted buckling sold to a guy who says "I'll pick him up in a few days." That's fine dude - as long as nobody wants him in the interim. I don't hold goats - unless I hold 'em for me. :hide

Talked with my neighbor lady G yesterday. They walked over to let the kiddos see the bottle monsters. She was telling me about one of her former co-workers who now does animal therapy. (G is a play therapist) AND - her friend is thinking about a 'therapy goat.' Soooo, I say that a cute little bottle baby (monster) would be great! Turns out she thinks so too, lol. She's coming by tomorrow to see them. I'm not going to sell the dark moon-spotted one, but I'd let the other one go. They are so obnoxious, lol!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh sounds great! That's a perfect job for a bottle baby! And uh, hope Mr pick him up in a few days does just that, lol. People are so strange! So you decided not to keep him huh?

Today was the first day my does didn't fight their Replamin. Maybe they've decided it's not the worst thing in the world after all.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use Dumor sheep mineral I get at TSC. I put out Dolomite lime for them too. Since the clover is thick and pretty, they also have free choice baking soda. I just started letting them on the clover, 45 minutes at a time.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So you decided not to keep him huh?
I loooove him! But, if I keep him I have to get rid of somebody else...and I can't decide which buck I'd let go of. I'd like to use Chester to make some more Kinders. I'm gonna use Conan another year or six, lol. Kinder isn't going anywhere and that just leaves Dusty. Granted I really don't need to raise pure Nubians anymore - but he produces gorgeous udders and the Kiko X babies might need help in that department. Soooo.... I just dunno. And that folks, is why I have so many stinkin' goats lol!

Most of my gals will knock ya down to get their Replamin. Even the babies are learning to love it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who gets that area now? chickens, pigs, goats? At least to fertilize it. :D
The garden gets it now, lol!

Hopefully, no more critters in there until fall/winter. I am thinking of bringing a pig up to the pen next to the garden - where I've been putting the bottle monsters during the day. It's horribly rutted and rough from the last pig that was in there when it was so muddy. I need it rooted back up some so I can level it out. OR - see if DS can give the tiller a little tune-up.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness - what an emotional day. I've been shedding tears all day. Feeling sorry for myself - but feeling so pleased that Dallas has such an honorable calling in life. I keep telling myself - it'll be ok - and it will.

Lots of stuff needed to be done today. I gave CDT boosters to two of the bucklings - and then I banded 'em. Gave a CDT to the newest buckling. Mowed the yard/barnyard because it's supposed to be rainy most of the week. (But I fully expect that they weather liars are wrong.) Made split-pea soup. A first for me but won't be the last. I got the loaf of bread that I made last week out of the freezer. Sliced it up for a quick grab in the mornings and individually wrapped each piece to keep it fresh.

I'm not keto-ing anymore. Got my labs back from my check-up. Ugh on the cholesterol. Will not be doing mostly meat, cheese and eggs for awhile...also NOT going on any stinkin' statin drugs so I've got to make a change.

Tomorrow is Monday - how horrible is that?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness - what an emotional day. I've been shedding tears all day. Feeling sorry for myself - but feeling so pleased that Dallas has such an honorable calling in life. I keep telling myself - it'll be ok - and it will.

?? Did she go with the therapy lady?

Tomorrow is Monday - how horrible is that?

It always is...We need to take "Monday" off the calendars! But, good day to start your new dietary plans. Sounds like you need to have LOT of fresh veggies on the plate, with only a smidgeon of the meats/cheese/eggs. You know our bodies just don't handle foods like when we were in our teens.:hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I kinda wondered how keto and cholesterol got along... hope the new change helps!

Have a good Monday, if there is such a thing!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I kinda wondered how keto and cholesterol got along... hope the new change helps!

Have a good Monday, if there is such a thing!