Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, I got some goats wormed too. We had a freeze last night and another one coming tonight so I checked eyelids and wormed a few of 'em.

Picked more lemons and am about to start on those...then I'll feed and call it a day.

It's been a really nice day - cold but sunny and still. I can deal with that, lol.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As it happens - we had chicken for dinner...but DH doesn't really like fruit/meat combos. I, on the other hand, love them. But, I made up for the lack of citrus by having fresh broccoli from the garden to go with our Peanut Chicken.

I have some candied lemon peel left from last year - it's still fine. I've chopped it up fine and used it in lemon cookies about a million years ago - now I sometimes just snack on it when I have a sugar craving.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As it happens - we had chicken for dinner...but DH doesn't really like fruit/meat combos. I, on the other hand, love them. But, I made up for the lack of citrus by having fresh broccoli from the garden to go with our Peanut Chicken.

I have some candied lemon peel left from last year - it's still fine. I've chopped it up fine and used it in lemon cookies about a million years ago - now I sometimes just snack on it when I have a sugar craving.

i would do that too if we had it around. i like candied ginger, lime, orange, grapefruit, ...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And now I'm making a batch of homemade Amaretto. First time for this. I have a longstanding tradition of giving my neighbor homemade booze. I've done Kahlua and Baileys knock-offs in the past. We'll see if the Amaretto is just as good as the others have been.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a good way to make use of all parts of the lemons! (or an excuse to drink a tasty adult beverage)

Sounds good to me! I need to do another batch of the homemade Bailey's. Pretty much have all here to do. Hmmm.

You sure are jumping into this retirement thing! :D Either that or you think you're just on a couple weeks vacay and need to "get it all done" :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You sure are jumping into this retirement thing!
I'm loving every minute of it. I get to be a full-time farmer/SS'er. And, I was thinking the other day that this is one of the really cool times in my life that I don't have to answer to another soul! Most of my previous years were controlled by parents, kids or a boss. This is MY time and I intend to use it the way I want to (with a tiny little bit of input from DH, lol)

DH's eye appointment this morning and then we'll grab lunch, catch a flick and pick up feed. That will be the extent of most of my day today. It'll be fun, but I'll be itching to be here getting things done.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sometimes I sleep till 7, I look at the clock, others are running in the rat race, but I'm not.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - no more rat race unless it's of my own making, lol. Up before 7 this morning but really haven't prioritized my plans for the day. What I probably should do is inventory the gifts I've gotten for the grands. I haven't even opened any of the boxes that've been delivered, lol. Gotta make sure it's all here and get it wrapped for distribution when the time comes.

Also have a bucket o' lemons to deal with this morning. I try not to pick more than I can juice in one sitting. Don't want too many of 'em sitting around waiting on me. So, that'll need to happen today.

Weather is bleh...cloudy and overcast and possible rain. Ugh.