Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - Congrats on selling your buck - and for a decent price!

We had sunshine for a couple hours today but now we're back to overcast, cloudy with rain in the forecast off and on for the next week. Ugh.

Went to DS's for the Texans and KC game - we lost. :( It was a good run - but not good enough.

Got the peas and popcorn planted today. Have meat marinating for my first attempt at making Korean Beef Bulgogi. I sure hope it turns out decent. And, I made Kimchi a couple days ago so hope it's ready to enjoy with the beef dish tomorrow.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dentist appt this morning. Hope it’s the only one this year because I used my entire 2k ins benefits for the year and that didn’t cover even half of it. Yikes!! But this will finish off the dental marathon saga. Hallelujah!

Checked on the micro greens this morning. Looks like we have liftoff with the broccoli!

40E8DC4C-C81E-4C1C-9301-152EAE95E20B.jpeg

I started small for the first attempt. I think they look pretty good so far. Unfortunately the radish greens don’t look as good- I see a lot of mold...😩. There are a couple of tiny spots in the broccoli that I'm just going to pluck out. Not happy about that- but that’s why I started small.

Rain today- ugh. Wasn’t a surprise- but wasn’t welcome either.

Picked some broccoli from the garden which will go with our Korean themed dinner tonight. Looking forward to that!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope - they're on top of organic seed starting mix. Basically - dirt! You don't even have to cover them with dirt. I just covered them with foil and then put a weight on top so that the seeds stay in contact with the soil. Then all I did was put a heating pad under them on very low. Going to turn it off as soon as the latest planted seeds get going good. This is purely experimental at this time. But, since I really feel the need to be growing something right now - it works for me, lol!

I've read about using alternative mediums to start the seeds, but at this time I don't want to invest a lot of money if it doesn't work out.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How big do you grow them if you are goin gto use them as micro greens? First set of true leaves or a little bigger?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How big do you grow them if you are goin gto use them as micro greens? First set of true leaves or a little bigger?
Google says to harvest when the first set of true leaves appear.
They’re really coming along well- I think. I took the covers off and turned on the ceiling fan for some circulation. That seems to have been the right move to mitigate the mold that I saw. Good changes since yesterday.
FD7DD074-DD9C-4FE5-94C0-421590EF22CD.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I've pinched off a couple just for experimental reasons, ya know? The broccoli ones taste like broccoli - go figger. The radish ones are kinda peppy and spicy. I think those will be DH's fave. So far I'm ok with this little experiment.

Just got a call from a guy who I split some hogs with right before Thanksgiving. He wants more! I can do that. I've got three boars that will be moving to his freezer in a week or so when it dries up some. Yippee! Three less mouths to feed!