Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still laughing at Bay -- well, her flying lesson. :D We THINK we have control, right????

So, FEM, if you ever decide to do the shoulder hanging, thru a gate while fighting goats -- and dodging a hot wire ---- PLEASE have a video going!!! :lol::lol:

Speaking of hands --- how are DHs after his surgery? Yeah, been a while but, comes to mind with these antics above.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still laughing at Bay -- well, her flying lesson. :D We THINK we have control, right????

So, FEM, if you ever decide to do the shoulder hanging, thru a gate while fighting goats -- and dodging a hot wire ---- PLEASE have a video going!!! :lol::lol:

Speaking of hands --- how are DHs after his surgery? Yeah, been a while but, comes to mind with these antics above.
DH's hands are better than mine right now..... :rolleyes:

Video camera- oh he// to the no! I could never live that down. When I fall, I fall hard and nobody wants to see that!

Reminds me of the time one morning when I was feeding before work. I was hustling hard and fast and it was wet out. I had a bucket in each hand as usual. I tripped over a stupid ant bed and fell flat on my face - but I had been moving so fast that I didn't just fall - I slid about 6 feet forward through the mud. Momentum is a real thing, lol!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH's hands are better than mine right now..... :rolleyes:

Video camera- oh he// to the no! I could never live that down. When I fall, I fall hard and nobody wants to see that!

Reminds me of the time one morning when I was feeding before work. I was hustling hard and fast and it was wet out. I had a bucket in each hand as usual. I tripped over a stupid ant bed and fell flat on my face - but I had been moving so fast that I didn't just fall - I slid about 6 feet forward through the mud. Momentum is a real thing, lol!

i broke my hand and almost skewered myself on some tiny tree stumps that weren't cut off properly. luckily i fell right between them. i was walking very fast too and one of those stumps grabbed my pantleg and took me right down. yes, i did have a lecture with Mom about making sure to cut things off at ground level after that...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That could have been really bad! Of course - a broken hand is bad enough!

it certainly made gardening that season a challenge! it seems i have a talent for messing up some body part so i can only garden at half capacity (on top of my general gimpyness which i have to work around anyways).

i'm not at 100% now, but doing ok for a change. the achilles tendon pull is still slightly there but right now it is the heat which limits me on what i can get done.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
right now it is the heat which limits me on what i can get done.
I hear you on that! Our heat index is hitting triple digits before 9am...it's ridiculous. Today I think I'm going to just have to bear it for awhile. There are a few things to be done that I can't put off any longer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Heat! Got a few things done that I just couldn't put off. Got the electric fence fixed and got the boars back in their pen. Thank goodness they didn't get out with the girls this time - they just went into the buck pen. Moved some chicks outta the brooder and put 'em in an outside pen. Was thinking about trying to sell 'em - just for kicks and grins. But, it's four pullets and one roo so maybe I'll hang on to at least four of 'em. Or I could try to sell 'em, lol. I'm a victim of indecision for sure.

Gigi, one of the does I'm milking right now, decided she didn't want to be milked this morning. That's ok - be miserable until I worm you and toss you back into the pasture this evening. No more pampered milk goat getting the best of everything. You made your bed little lady - now you get to be miserable in it.

I was planning on not milking these gals past the end of this month anyway. We'll be going on that overnight trip to Arkansas so my plan was to toss 'em out to pasture while we're gone. After we get home it'll be time to wean Lucy's buckling and I'll start milking her. That'll give the other two gals a break before breeding time this fall. Not planning on breeding everybody this fall (but ya'll know how my plans work out, lol). This year's babies were born too late to breed and that means their mama's won't be ready in time either. Plus, planning on selling the Nubian mama's anyway.

Need to get to mowing....don't know why grass still grows in this heat....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking to dry my does off but, THEN I miss the milk. It's like rain -- you only want it WHEN you want it. :lol: One of my lovely ladies will slack enough to only milk every 36 hrs...about a gal each time. Perfect! Generally, I get one or two down to 1Xdy, then only one in winter. Milking is lovely but, demanding.