Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is Sunday -- two days after you got Raine? What -- no pics??
Nope - won't pick her up until this Friday! No pics yet, but they'll be coming.

No guarantee on Beau and Raine being a breeding pair. I need to get all the genetic testing taken care of first. And hip testing when they're old enough. I won't breed unless I know I have physically sound dogs first. I would like to participate in some activities that promote the breed like barn hunts. These are great varmint dogs and it would be fun to participate in some competitions.

I need to start sourcing some more hay. Don't feel comfortable with what I've got right now.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can deeply appreciate the testing you want to do to make sure you are breeding sound dogs. That is a further testament to the wonderful person you are.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, blush! Thanks @baymule I think it's important. I love this breed and want to see each dog live up to its best potential! I remember reading somewhere (maybe a journal or facebook - can't remember) that a person said they'd rather breed a dog with a physical problem than a temperament issue. The first thing that came to my mind is that I wouldn't want to breed a dog with EITHER problem....SMH. (Exception being if the physical problem was from an injury - not congenital.)

Beau got introduced to the umbrella this morning. He shrank from it first (didn't tuck tail and run -just stepped back and peered at it from the safety of underneath a dining room chair, lol) then took a few steps toward it, stood and contemplated it, barked at it once, then checked it out. That's a pretty good reaction for a pup I think. He's really a smart little guy! I need to start getting him in the truck. I don't foresee any problem with that. He wants to be everywhere I am so I think he'll love it. He's got quite an adventurous spirit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a day! Started cleaning out the grow tubs in preps for planting some fall/winter crops in 'em. They were full of old dead tomato plants and weeds and even some ... ugh... bind weed. I latched on to 'em and started pulling and Beau started pulling with me, lol. He'd grab a mouthful and pull with all of his might. Then he'd jump in the tubs and start digging. Starting on the raised beds next. Oh my goodness Beau is so entertaining! Hope he doesn't get too jealous when Raine comes home.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate it and I have no idea where it came from. First noticed it last year. Maybe I brought it in somehow? Or it came in bird poop? I dunno, but I don't like it. So far - I'm trying not to use chemicals - don't even know if that would kill it - but this stuff SUCKS!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate it and I have no idea where it came from. First noticed it last year. Maybe I brought it in somehow? Or it came in bird poop? I dunno, but I don't like it. So far - I'm trying not to use chemicals - don't even know if that would kill it - but this stuff SUCKS!!

get it all ASAP before it drops seeds. it takes years to get it all after it drops seeds. track those vines down and kill 'em dead!

might have come in with the hay bales/rolls?

Latest posts