Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Meet Raine:

C5214102-8A39-4BB7-A29B-7E1DCE963B97.jpeg
EC11638C-712F-4181-B4AF-B0964B2167B3.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is beautiful. I know you are thrilled to have her. It will be fun to follow her journey.

Looks like you have another tropical storm/hurricane headed your way. We have rain predicted for most of this coming week. You are scheduled for mud. :barnie

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so far it seems to be staying on the lower end of development so perhaps it won't be too bad... sure hope so! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is a sweet little spitfire! She already got Beau eating out of her hand! Her breeder did a great job with this litter.

You are scheduled for mud.
The storm hasn't done much of anything. We've had less than a tenth of an inch of rain so far. Some winds, but nothing much. We're supposed to get the most action later tonight/tomorrow morning I think. I haven't heard a report since early this morning.

We got the generator moved to the back porch yesterday. That thing is H.E.A.V.Y!!!! But, that's why I have a tractor! I'll bet it would take 10 people to ever be able to steal that thing....unless they hot wired the tractor and stole it too, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today has been a day! My neighbor texted me and asked if I lost a pig - nope not me. I go look out side and there's a freaking GIANT boar trying to get in my pasture. Huge - like 600 lbs huge (wild guess really - no idea how much he weighs but he was big!) - nearly as tall as my fence and gates! We shot the shotgun in the air to try and scare him off -he just looked at us...the neighbor went and got a bb gun and chased him all over shooting him in the balls, lol. We finally found out where he belonged and they came and chased him around for awhile. I hope they got him secured. I swear if he got in my pasture he would kill Big Daddy in a hot minute....and probably my dogs too cuz they were going ballistic.

At one point the boar was headed towards me and I was trying to slip back through my gate into the back yard and I opened the gate and there was a copperhead right in front of me on the stepping stone. He went down a hole right by the post so I sent DH out there with a shot gun and he never saw him.... ARGH! Will 2020 ever end????

54549335-A1AF-49FA-A1BA-6F0C060D3202.jpeg

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is a good sized Hampshire boar. Hope the owners got him back secured. It is hard to get the weights on a big hog like that.... I would say between 4 and 700.... more like the 5-6 weights.... I am not good on adult hogs' weight. I am glad that he didn't get into your pens.
The copperhead is more upsetting to me because you don't see them until the last minute.... sure hope he comes out and you can get rid of him. Don't go out there without a shovel to chop his head off if you see him. I don't mind snakes, but I don't like poisonous ones much at all....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The snake surprised me. I'm always pretty careful to watch where I walk. I was bitten by a copperhead when I was a preteen....that hurts! It ruined my whole dang summer so I'm going to try to avoid having that happen again. I'll be launching a new hunt for the little bugger tomorrow.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, Raine is just lovely! Glad you didn't get much of the other kind of rain.

That snake...WOW...I don't like any of them but poisonous -- that makes me really concerned!! They really jump at you when they strike, too! I'd be pouring gallons of boiling water down that hole. Maybe some old motor oil, too. I mean they are scary snakes. At least a rattler tells you he's there.

You're a pig whisperer -- wouldn't he follow you??? 😁 Definately triple the size of the AGs!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey! Open the gate and hustle that guy in a pen! LOL LOL Good thing ol' Baymule wasn't there.......Boar? :idunno What boar? Ain't seen no boar here! :lol:

Scary on the copperhead, glad you didn't step on it. Paris hates snakes and kills every one she can get to. I like having a snake killing dog. Don't know what I'll do when she goes to the great doghouse in the sky.......

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't have a pen on the place that woulda held that guy, lol! I finally got my pigs in a pen and away from the fence where he was. One of my sows was walking along the fence line and he was trying to put his head under the fence and come on in. Literally - fence staples popping out of the posts and him lifting the wire up allllllmost enough for him to come under.

Cowboy and Missy wanted to eat him alive through the fence - but I'm afraid he'da killed them without even trying. It was also the first time I saw Belle in protection mode. She was doing very well... hackles up...barking and growling. But, letting Missy and Cowboy take the lead - smart girl!

No major storm stuff...gusty wind and on and off mostly light rain.

Latest posts