Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tend not to repeat names that I've used before. I've already had a horse named Sadie, a goat named Copper and currently have a goat named Butterscotch. But, they're all great suggestions, lol!

Since Myotonic goats were originally discovered in Tennessee I'm considering Tennessee Whiskey for the second one. He's kinda whiskey colored. Since he doesn't have my herd name I may run it by his breeder. I wouldn't want them to be offended.

Both of these guys will carry the breeders herd name and then I can put the name I choose after the herd name. Their names will both start with - and be some version of
High Oak Farm _________. I think High Oak Farm Tennessee Whiskey sounds pretty cool, lol. I need to see if that's too long. Some registries have limits on the length of the name.

I'll get 'em wormed today and start adjusting them to our feed and routine.

Getting closer to baby birthing time around here.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cute!!!! You didn't waste any time on that "thought" to "bought"!
I had been thinking about it for awhile. I had been planning on Frankie going home so I had to think of somebody to fill his space. The stars aligned and so I went with it, lol.

So much for herd reduction though. Went down by one yesterday - but up by two. And, this morning we added two more! First babies of the year. Boy/girl twins. It's cold by our standards - mid 40's, breezy and damp. I'm about to go back out and make sure they get some nice warm colostrum, if they haven't already.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I swear these Kiko babies are the most vigorous babies ever. I wanted to make sure they nursed and was planning on giving them some colostrum in a syringe just so I'd know they had it. Nope - they pushed me aside and said "I got this lady - get outta the way!" LOL! Tummies are full and their mouths are warm - all is well in their world!

F214C3CA-D697-4FEC-86B2-C5CE09665080.jpeg