Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I’m all caught up now. So much happens in a week! I have a registered ewe, bred to Ringo, due yesterday. I have informed her that we only have twins here. She was sold because her first and second lambing’s were singles. I want a registered son from Ringo and he’s an old man, time is getting short! LOL Maybe there will be twins out there this morning. Maybe she will just still be FAT!
🤞

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe there will be twins out there this morning. Maybe she will just still be FAT!

They sure can make us crazy! I had two briths yesterday - one early morning (2 bucklings), one around 10pm (2 bucklings). Looks like it's going to be a buck year here. So far 11 kids - 8 bucklings, 3 doelings. Ok with me. Probably gonna keep at least 2 bucklings and the rest will probably go to my usual buckling buyer. Easy peasy! But, still have a whole lot of does left to kid.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank goodness no births today! Kinda surprised because the weather SUCKED!

It rained a little and then it rained more and then the skies opened and it poured!

Breezy this morning, got gusty later and then we had tropical storm force winds. Gusts in the 50mph range. Several tornados - thankfully a bit north and east of us.

A tree came down in the road right in front of the house. Neighbor got on his tractor in the pouring rain and moved it before I could get a pic. Bad neighbor, lol!

All goats are safe but the bucks are pissed. They were hiding in their hoop house when it blew away! Actually, the hoop didn't blow away - but the cover did! They are now safely ensconced in a kidding pen. They're not happy about that either. Oh well... sucks to have testicles around here today, lol.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m laughing at your bucks. They probably wouldn’t approve of my mirth, but that’s too bad. I have a visual of the cover taking off and them huddled under the framework. LOL

It stormed here all day. Then my registered ewe who was due Sunday, gave birth after the storm. My first registered lamb, a ewe! This has been a long time coming.

878C8731-6761-4A9A-A71B-98BACE8127C4.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's ok - I laughed at 'em too, lol. One of my bucks is almost 10 years old and this was probably the only bath he's had in his life! I need the sun to come out tomorrow and dry up what was the inside of their hoop house. Then I'll feel better about covering it again. It was pretty darn intense around here for awhile. I was really glad we have the storm shelter - even though we didn't use it. It seems to be an effective tornado/hurricane repellant. Worth every penny, lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pasadena got hammered by tornadoes. Tornadoes never happen in the Houston area! There wasn’t even a hurricane spitting them out! Just a rain/wind storm and up pops a tornado tearing people’s homes apart!

The news showed a couple with boxes of pizza, walking a neighborhood, giving them away.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds intense! I'm glad you made it through mostly unscathed!!
Thanks! It was hairy for a little while - but we got out wihout anything serious.

Another day another birth. Goat was "as usual" this morning. I went out to work on a creep feeder pen for babies and noticed doe standing of by herself. Checked ligs and udder and moved her to a kidding pen. An hour later - two GIRLS on the ground!

Count is now 13 babies....5 girls, 8 boys. Only 7 more does left to kid!

(I'm tired - is it over yet?)