Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have been busy! Glad/sad on the pig. Always enjoyed your pig stories, but life changes and moves on.

Great getaway, even if a short one!

Yay for Texas heat! It makes for a quick cool season garden, loooong heat loving garden season—peas and okra!

Sheetrock! That will soon be done, all fixed up and finished.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just for a smile….. I wish you could hear Miss Jealous Sheba’s GROWLING like a fierce grizzly bear! :lol:

MY MOMMA! She’s going to pet ME! NOT YOU!!

D5EF912C-505B-43FE-920C-E3969CE3764A.jpeg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do/did love my pigs. But, it's time and I need the pen space. Butchering a 300 lb pig isn't for the faint of heart. I can do it - and have done it - but I'll concentrate on my goats in the future.
Right now however, is time to concentrate on the garden. Whoop! I'm ready to start planting. Weather guys better not be wrong, lol.

don't forget the beans! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule - love, love, love the pic! Don't know how I missed it earlier...geeze. Sheba is a real character, but Buford doesn't look that scared, lol!

Pretty well packed and ready to head to visit GS in the morning...after I get up at the butt-crack of dawn and get all the critters settled in for my absence. They'll miss me I'm sure, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got home late yesterday afternoon. Visit with GS was great. I'm not prejudiced or anything but he is an awesome 16yo person!

The drive up was great - went fast (fast = 4+ hours) because DIL and I chit chat the whole time. Traffic was light and the weather was nice.

The baseball game....oh my! GS told us that his team sucked. He wasn't lying, lol! They were horrible. GS is undoubtedly one of the only two decent players on his team. He made several awesome catches. One of them he leaped and caught in mid-air and then rolled up to a standing position with the ball! Whoop! The rest of the team... no hustle, no try. The outfielders would just stand there and watch the ball fall to the ground right in front of them. It could've been an easy out but they'd just stand there. It was sooooo sad! Enough of that!

The drive home was not as pleasant. Nothing horrible but it was terribly windy. My truck, with the camper cover, catches a lot of wind and I felt like I was fighting it all the way home. Wore me out. However, all in all, it was a good time.

We're supposed to get cold again tomorrow. I'm sure we'll have a week of cold and then it'll be blazing hot again the next week. Still holding off on planting. My DIL, (garden virgin) direct sowed hot peppers and corn a couple days ago. Fingers crossed that she actually gets lift off from her seeds when it warms back up.

I need to start separating baby boys to sell. I'll probably start weaning the older ones this weekend.

DH has his last pain injection today. He thinks they've been a total waste of his time. Improvement if any, has been very limited. I don't know what might be next (if anything) on the quest for pain relief. So hard to watch him struggle. So much harder to be him and struggling. :(

Last edited:

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wanted to put two emoticons on your post. YEA! for the GS and SAD for your hubs.

I watched GD's (17) JV golf match yesterday. First time in three years in her golfing that anyone has come to see any of her four hole matches. Both parents work, so this was part of the reason we moved up here last year. To be closer to them.

Anyhoo, the two girls on the other team were horrible and coulda cared less. Even my GD coulda cared less during some of her swings. But she is there by choice and its a good thing!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wanted to put two emoticons on your post. YEA! for the GS and SAD for your hubs.
Thanks!

It was a good time with GS. My GD also plays golf! She's a freshman and she made the varsity team!

DH will go in for an assessment in April. If these injections don't provide significant improvement, and so far they haven't, we'll investigate the next step.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What would be the next step?
Guess we'll find out at his follow-up assessment. Doc says he'll discuss possible next steps then. I've done some online investigation and some pain centers use an injection of a local anesthetic either in the spine or near the nerve as the next step. No idea if that's on this guys agenda or not. We need to see if the steroid injection today will make any difference. :fl

Last edited: