Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow! What a way to start the day! Dogs were going nuts this morning. Finally figured out why! Coyote got herself hung up trying to jump the fence. She had already chewed her foot off when I found her.

I certainly wasn’t going to try to get her loose and I wasn’t going to let her suffer anymore. She is no longer a threat to anything and is no longer in pain.

GRAPHIC PICTURE WARNING!

1679593365457.png

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok -- you did the right thing! Even if gotten loose, no way she'd live long....mobility, pain, infection and all. Now you know they are out there!! Dogs always knew. 🤣. You too, just none dumb enough to jump in with those dogs. :lol:

Never see or hear about Cowboy. Still there?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we lost Cowboy to a spinal injury. Just couldn't post about it then...It's been awhile now and I can remember him with a smile - mostly. Not sure why I'm tearing up now... :( Thought a lot about him while I was out dealing with the 'yote.

But, yes - no way that coyote would've made it even if she got loose. Foot was totally gone. It was much kinder to put her down. We had seen her (or her lookalike) in the pasture next door on the game cam several times.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow is right. what a way i'd rather not start the day. i don't really have a big enough gun for that kind of event.

i wonder if we called 911 if the police would come and shoot the poor animal. hmm...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I called our local police many, many years ago about a crazy possum. It was on my porch and every time I tried to go out it would lunge and charge at me. No way I was going outside with it. Local cop came and dispatched it on my porch. He totally agreed that it was acting very weird! That was probably 30 years ago...

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I called our local police many, many years ago about a crazy possum. It was on my porch and every time I tried to go out it would lunge and charge at me. No way I was going outside with it. Local cop came and dispatched it on my porch. He totally agreed that it was acting very weird! That was probably 30 years ago...

could have been rabies or some other crazy infection or parasite (that's the recent buzzword/grifter thing going around i keep hearing about).

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks...In typical Cowboy fashion he tried so hard to overcome but it was a battle he couldn't win.

Transplanted more tomatoes yesterday. Put some out in one of the newly refurbished raised beds and several more in pots. I've got some more to do today along with peppers. This year may well be a scale back kinda year. Two of us can't eat all we can produce - even sharing w/neighbors. Shame my son and DIL, who live close, don't eat veggies, lol. My DD and her big family would devour everything if they lived nearby. Last year she planted a few things ion pots. This year they have the materials to put together a big, raised bed. Even DS and DIL have planted a couple things. Baby steps...

Got a hit on the fancy marked little goat. We will see if he moves away from home today. Need to list some more. I like moving the goats along - but I don't particularly love the selling process.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I find I think I "want?" to grow a large garden -- needed in waaay yrs past -- now, like you, can't use it all. Even canning & sharing, overload. I'll feed more to animals this yr. Winter things for same, pumpkin, squash store well. My DD & DS milk & veg's 👎

Surely scaling back to ONLY what I need would be smart🤣 work and financial wise. It's coming. 4 goats, 12 chickens, 20x50 garden. 🤔😁. One day. :lol: :old

Hard to break old habits! :idunno

Latest posts