Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The earliest anyone could get him in is NEXT FEBRUARY!! He's got the beginning of dementia. Very slow progression, thank you Lord.
Holy Cow! That's a ridiculously long wait! We got this one about a month ago maybe? We're lucky to have a really great medical group here. Not perfect of course. I tried to get an appt with a gastro doc some time back and would have had to wait several months for that. Heck, I got better on my own and canceled that appt!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mmmm....shuffle feet....hanging head... making excuses. I should probably invest in a pair that will go over my glasses comfortably or I won't be able to see anything.

oh, ok, so you have some protection on instead of none at all. that is better than what i imagined. :)

I did finally learn my lesson about wearing shorts while weed whacking. I literally flayed my leg in about a dozen places before I could get away from that thing. Wasn't my fault - gate blew shut on me and I got all tangled up with the WW. That was about a dozen years ago and I still remember that lesson, lol.

OMG! that sounds like something i would do! we used to have the kind of weedwackers with wheels on them that could be used like a mower, but after Mom burned up two of them (gotta mix the oil and gas right and i'm pretty sure she just used straight gas) we decided to switch to the plug in kind, but she didn't like those so we got rid of them and now we just mow and scrape and weed.

Today is the appt for DH with the Neurologist. Hope they have answers and solutions, but not holding my breath.

good luck!

Gonna pick up paint while we're out. UGH!

also good luck! lol :)

Talked to my hay guy yesterday and he should be baling this week. I'm on my last bale so I'm awaiting his call! He's getting $60 for a 5 x 5 bale. That's down $10 from last year! Love my hay guy.

nice guy - i'm glad you're getting a break.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got home from the Neuro appt. DH will be having an MRI of his neck soon. Doc thinks that some of his issues originate there. Hope we get some answers.

Totally neglected to pick up the paint. It was a bit of a hectic day. We'll be back out tomorrow - guess we can get it then. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked up 3 round bales today. The start of accumulating enough to get through the next year. I was down to the last bale. In fact, I've been doling out the last two bales by hand instead of putting it out so they could feed free choice. I'm going back in a couple of days to get three more. He's selling it as fast as he can bale it right now. I'd like to get at least 18 for the year. A bale will last 18 - 21 days so that would be really close to a full year's worth.

DH is at PT - they're ramping up the intensity on him and he doesn't always love it, lol. Still waiting on the MRI to be scheduled.

Nothing much going on with garden OR goats right now. The tomatoes in buckets are doing pretty well. I've got issues with blossom end rot on a few of them, but others are thriving. Okra is slow to get going, but it's starting to show progress. PD beans are suffering. Apparently, they don't love wet feet. It wasn't wet when I planted them but I need to be more careful next planting. I might try another planting in a raised bed and see what happens or maybe just wait until fall. It's taken me a lot of years to figure out that the heat and rain we get this time of year don't always create the best growing conditions. Fall is a little less brutal and many things can overwinter well.

Need to go unload that hay - yay tractor time!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
PD beans are suffering. Apparently, they don't love wet feet. It wasn't wet when I planted them but I need to be more careful next planting. I might try another planting in a raised bed and see what happens or maybe just wait until fall.

true, beans do not like being wet wet all the time. i raise the gardens here a bit because it is almost all clay so that gives them better conditions.

It's taken me a lot of years to figure out that the heat and rain we get this time of year don't always create the best growing conditions. Fall is a little less brutal and many things can overwinter well.

it's been a rather wild series of gardening years here between bouts of drought, hot early, wet for weeks, then back to hot a dry and then other summers where we have entire months of cloudy weather. the tomatoes really don't do well if it is always cloudy.

Need to go unload that hay - yay tractor time!

haha! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH my goodness... I am whupped, wiped out, worn out, done, finished... I got the three bales unloaded but it seems as if it was one of those days. One of those days where nothing is easy and everything is a challenge. But, worked out ok in the end.

Getting the hay out of the trailer is always fun....or not! I haul the round bales in a stock trailer - not an open low boy type. It fits in there perfectly, but getting it out is a trial. The tractor step is high and there are lots of ups and downs. Not whining though, lol. Just glad to have a chance to get started on this year's hay stockpile.

Need to get started painting now that I have the paint. I don't wanna do it! Somebody save me!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I actually own another trailer and it is a flatbed. Technically, it's a car-hauler. It has no side rails though. I would have to really strap the hay down like crazy to keep it on there. The livestock trailer is a PIA - but once I close that door the hay isn't coming out until I get the tractor and pull it out.

Didn't get a lot of sleep - or any - last night. Technically I guess it's still "last night." Got out of bed at 3:30a because DH was flopping around like a fish outta water, lol. His neuropathy and sciatica were both on overdrive. Plus, his CPAP mask isn't doing it's job. He has one that just covers his nose....but air comes rushing out his mouth when he gets into deep sleep. It's like trying to sleep with a tornado and a hurricane all in the same bed.

Gotta go pick up the tags for his new car today. They "owe" us another tank of gas too. That was one of the purchase conditions. Geeze I shoulda told them I need another bottle of tequila too, lol. Somehow I think that's not going to fly.

Don't even know what else is on the list of "to do's" today except to get by Kroger's and pick up some more rib-eyes that are on sale. Yay! And, I guess I need to get some more onions in the dehydrator. Maybe I'll send DH to do the errands and I'll stay home and chop onions. Might.... just might paint the half-bath down here. That's a start. Not a big start, but a start!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked up 3 round bales today. The start of accumulating enough to get through the next year.
Thanks -- now I can start worrying.😂. Prices here have been insane. Guy on my road baled a field yesterday. With rains coming all weekend, he won't cut more. It looked great from the road. Better go talk about prices. Most is square baled, only a few rolls but, I use squares. Thinking may add rounds this year! Storage and moving is my issue. So 🤷

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks -- now I can start worrying.😂. Prices here have been insane. Guy on my road baled a field yesterday. With rains coming all weekend, he won't cut more. It looked great from the road. Better go talk about prices. Most is square baled, only a few rolls but, I use squares. Thinking may add rounds this year! Storage and moving is my issue. So 🤷
Round bales are far easier. I use half cow panels and hog panels to make a square. Drawback is once they eat is as far as they can, I have to pull hay up to the panels so they can reach it. There are half round hay feeders that get the bales up and off the ground, been considering one.