Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ehhhh, hole is still there and it's still too hot to fill it in. It got so hot today that my electronic weather station wouldn't register. Last temp I saw was 105 before it shut itself down. I brought the LGD's into the air-conditioned breezeway. They are most appreciative. Gave the other critters some fresh cool water and hosed down the roof of the barn. It helps lower the temperature inside the barn - but it doesn't last long enough. Better than nothing I guess. Maybe I should rig up a sprinkler up there and keep it on during the hottest part of the day.

Hope it was too hot for the bucks swimmers too. Found three does in the bucks pen today. My bad - I didn't latch the gate properly...argh. I wasn't planning on doing much breeding this year, but it loooks like the goats don't agree with me.

Talked with SIL this morning and we had a good cry together. He's mostly doing ok - kinda like me. Certain things are just triggers. He's had the kiddos talk to a therapist and will continue as long as they want to. They are settling into a routine. I'll eventually make a trip up there. Don't look forward to walking into her house and her not being there...

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ehhhh, hole is still there and it's still too hot to fill it in. It got so hot today that my electronic weather station wouldn't register. Last temp I saw was 105 before it shut itself down. I brought the LGD's into the air-conditioned breezeway. They are most appreciative. Gave the other critters some fresh cool water and hosed down the roof of the barn. It helps lower the temperature inside the barn - but it doesn't last long enough. Better than nothing I guess. Maybe I should rig up a sprinkler up there and keep it on during the hottest part of the day.

Hope it was too hot for the bucks swimmers too. Found three does in the bucks pen today. My bad - I didn't latch the gate properly...argh. I wasn't planning on doing much breeding this year, but it loooks like the goats don't agree with me.

Talked with SIL this morning and we had a good cry together. He's mostly doing ok - kinda like me. Certain things are just triggers. He's had the kiddos talk to a therapist and will continue as long as they want to. They are settling into a routine. I'll eventually make a trip up there. Don't look forward to walking into her house and her not being there...

We are all with you in our hearts, :hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wet the ground in what little shade my sheep have. I have no barn, just small shelters that are too hot for them to be in. I stretched some tarps, it gives them shade, the wet earth is cooling. 2 dogs come in the house, 2 go to the front yard and under the porch.

It will be hard to go visit and be in her house. But your grandkids and DIL will be so glad to see you, and you will be so glad to see them. Y’all need each other. There will be tears, but there will be smiles too. Maybe even laughter.
Big hugs.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Miracle! Thanks to Tropical Storm Harold we got rain! Only .19. A fifth of an inch is literally just a drop in the bucket compared to the 8 inches we need to get out of this drought. It's cloudy and breezy and refreshing. I'll take what we got and hope for more.​
After losing my daughter I'm on a mission to get caught up on my own health care.​
Step 1 - a not so fun dental appt yesterday - but at least it's behind me. There will be more....argh. Several years ago I had extensive dental work including bone grafts and dental implants. I will eventually need more. So yay for that.​
Step 2 - thorough check up by a cardiologist. Had a good work up about 5 years ago. Doc told me about a couple of concerns and to keep coming back for check-ups. I didn't like him so I haven't been back. I'm switching to DH's cardiologist. Except for prescribing the drug that nearly killed DH - he's a great doc, lol.​
Step 3 - Dermatologist.​
That should be enough to keep DH off my back for a while, lol.​
Now - if we could just get this heat to ease up. After today when we're ONLY supposed to hit 99 - we've got 108 to look forward to on Thursday. This is insane!​

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m delighted for anybody that gets rain! There was a fire less than a mile from me yesterday. I had truck and trailer backed up to chute, ready to load sheep, dogs and run for our lives. I was reconciled to coming back to a pile of rubble. Thankfully the fire was contained and finally considered to be out by last night.

Starting Sunday, with a high of only 99F, temperatures the following days ( on the 10 day forecast) are only in the 90’s!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

I’m so over SUMMER!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Miracle! Thanks to Tropical Storm Harold we got rain! Only .19. A fifth of an inch is literally just a drop in the bucket compared to the 8 inches we need to get out of this drought. It's cloudy and breezy and refreshing. I'll take what we got and hope for more.​
After losing my daughter I'm on a mission to get caught up on my own health care.​
Step 1 - a not so fun dental appt yesterday - but at least it's behind me. There will be more....argh. Several years ago I had extensive dental work including bone grafts and dental implants. I will eventually need more. So yay for that.​
Step 2 - thorough check up by a cardiologist. Had a good work up about 5 years ago. Doc told me about a couple of concerns and to keep coming back for check-ups. I didn't like him so I haven't been back. I'm switching to DH's cardiologist. Except for prescribing the drug that nearly killed DH - he's a great doc, lol.​
Step 3 - Dermatologist.​
That should be enough to keep DH off my back for a while, lol.​
Now - if we could just get this heat to ease up. After today when we're ONLY supposed to hit 99 - we've got 108 to look forward to on Thursday. This is insane!​

Yes we need to take care of our health