Snapped a couple this morning:

Belle checking out Green Mtn:
IMG_5696.jpeg

Missy behind the pond:
IMG_5694.jpeg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW on the pond.... that is great it is filled up....and green grass.... we are way past the green stage here...

yes, same here, it is browns and grays season with sometimes whites and greens here or there. there was a beautiful bit of red sun late yesterday on the oak trees out back which makes them look like they are burning, but i was a bit too tired to get up and get the camera... i have other pictures like it already - this one is from years ago, somewhat different but still pretty. if it happens again i will get up because it would be a nice picture if i can get it captured well... :)

pb030001_Fall_Color_thm.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WE don't get much fall color here unless it's from the tallow trees. They're considered a "trash" tree, but goats love them!

The three inches of rain we had worked perfectly for pond filling. It filled up more from ground water running into it rather than the rain that fell into it.

The green is from the rye grass I spread on the mud created by pond construction. The Bermuda is still green but doesn't do much growing this time of year. In addition to the rye I broadcast a "pasture mix" that had some clover seed in it. I see that popping up too. Hope it can get a good start. No critters will be on it for a bit longer. It's still pretty soft/moist out there and I want it to dry up some before letting any hooves on it.

DH is improving. Physical Therapy is really beneficial for him. He's getting stronger every day. I feel like I'm turning into this mean ol' woman because I've stopped doing "everything" for him. He needs to move. So, get up and get your own cup of coffee, lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My sheep love tallow trees too and will strip leaves, eat branch tips and kill it out. They are toxic to cattle and I suppose other animals as I never see any other animals eating tallow trees. I had a large one in the yard here and had it cut down. It sprouted back out and the sheep killed it.

Yay on rye grass coming up! I have seed waiting on new fence so I can sow the bare dirt.

Keep that man motivated! I’m glad PT is helping him!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are a mean old woman, who loves her man and knows what is right for him!!!
Absolutely!! There has to be pressure to get them back into action. Just the little things can help -- like, get your own coffee! :lol: then, bring me some since you're already there.

No pain, no gain.....yes, in this case. The strength has to build back up. Make him do the PT !!! But the mental needs to turn around. Keep trying.

Latest posts