FS washable reusable menstrual pads

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
They stay put better then sposies! At least for me they do.
You may need to contemplate the style that will fit you best though.
Lost of different pad shapes out there.

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yeas, they stay put, and are more comfortable that the disposables.

no itching and no bad smell

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
They don't do that gross rolling thing. They're great.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
They don't do that gross rolling thing. They're great.
And they do not make rustling crunchy sounds either.
You can be much more discreet in public restrooms :)

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ok next question I'm a heavy bleeder I wear overnights thick ones all the time on bad days I have changed clothes 4 times so will they work even with that?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
mlynd said:
I walk a lot will these stay put??
I have to put a safety pin in the front or the pad will work its way back pretty quickly. That is why I want to make a set of undies with velcro and a set of velcro pads....eventually!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
mlynd said:
ok next question I'm a heavy bleeder I wear overnights thick ones all the time on bad days I have changed clothes 4 times so will they work even with that?
I have a very light flow but this may work, I made a couple when I was experimenting with incontinence pads.....get a thick washcloth, a very thick and soft one (I found bamboo ones in a discount store) and fold it into thirds or quarters, depending on the size of the cloth and of you. Figure out which portion will be the bottom, and measure the size of the folded pad. Cut a piece of PUL that is a bit bigger than your folded cloth measurement, and sew it to the part you determined was the bottom. I used velcro, too, and velcro on the panties. You probably already have special panties you use for this time, right? :p If they hold the pad snuggly and it is just for at night (no walking, jumping jacks, yoga, etc!) then it should stay in place.

My "beta tester" was a tiny woman and this version had too much bulk for her mild incontinence issue, so I'm not sure if it would work for you, but it may be worth a try.

eta: I didn't sew this up as a pad, because it was so thick that it would never, ever dry after washing if I did. This way, it can be unfolded and washed as a washcloth and dried quickly.

Another idea is to stack the pads. You can make some with pul for the bottom layer, and stack several with no pul on top, so there are several absorbent layers on top of the waterproof layer. You can color code them so you know which ones have pul and which don't. I do this for my first day, especially for at work.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
mlynd said:
You can buy pads that have PLU on the bottom to prevent leakage, and, you can get designs that are ideal for overnight.
I have made the following styles to address further needs.
This one is wider in back. Great for laying down at night.
37989_pads_001.jpg

This one is longer.
37989_pads_002.jpg

OP, feel free to use the designs if you like :)

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
the large size has a pul liner in it that prevents leaks, so that is the one I would suggest you use.

the large size and medium size both have the Zorb padding, and that absorbs 10x more than cotton or bamboo does. I also am a heavy bleeder, I change at least 3 times a day with these just like the disposable.

the large one will also work for some incontinence problems as well.