Fudges for Christmas/ DONE all packages made and sent!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Let me start by saying...... WAY TO GO WIFE!! You are looking great! Now....back to " the fudge" My Nemisis....mine enemy....the reason I beat my head on the cabinet this time of year.....EVERY YEAR! :he
I have tried, probably over 100 recipes. I always have someone tell me..." Oh, I have THE failproof fudge recipe" or.. " you cant mess THIS one up" WANNA BET!!!??? I have made more chocolate soup, than any woman I know. Candy thermometer? got one...know HOW to use it...I think it hates me too! :barnie I have decided this year....because of the flat spot on my forehead...I will NOT try another dish of chocolate soup. If someone doesnt make it for me...I will buy it...or we will do without! :hit

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
I have tried, probably over 100 recipes. I always have someone tell me..." Oh, I have THE failproof fudge recipe" or.. " you cant mess THIS one up" WANNA BET!!!??? I have made more chocolate soup, than any woman I know. Candy thermometer? got one...know HOW to use it...I think it hates me too! :barnie I have decided this year....because of the flat spot on my forehead...I will NOT try another dish of chocolate soup. If someone doesnt make it for me...I will buy it...or we will do without! :hit
Can I tempt you to try just one more time? PLEASE? Use this recipe and report back:
http://feedingthecrew.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-bowl-holiday-fudge.html
Really.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I seen a recipe somewhere for "fail proof" fudge,..it just took a couple of ingredients and one was store bought cake icing. Anyone have this??

It is called Frosting Fudge,...you just use choc. chips or PB chips (12 oz bag) and a tub of frosting (choc or vanilla) you can use your imagination on ingredients and all it takes is the microwave! Also you can add nuts. Personally I have never made it, but I have been told it is wonderful!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK HannaLee....I copied the recipe....but im telling you..if I make soup.....you better get a spoon! I will be sending it to you. :lol: I dont think my family can look another bowl of chocolate soup in the face. :sick
up-the-creek....my DIL uses that recipe, with the frosting, for peanutbutter fudge. Its good, but soooo sweet!!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
OK HannaLee....I copied the recipe....but im telling you..if I make soup.....you better get a spoon! I will be sending it to you. :lol: I dont think my family can look another bowl of chocolate soup in the face. :sick
up-the-creek....my DIL uses that recipe, with the frosting, for peanutbutter fudge. Its good, but soooo sweet!!
You're not making chocolate soup. You're making fudge ice cream topping. Jar it and gift it. :thumbsup :D ;)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
HannaLee said:
justusnak said:
Can I tempt you to try just one more time? PLEASE? Use this recipe and report back:
http://feedingthecrew.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-bowl-holiday-fudge.html
Really.
I just did this one and it was easy! If there was a way to screw it up I would have found it....:lol: but it tastes good and was fool proof! Will make again!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
I'm the same way... My fudge is either soup, or so rock hard not even a jackhammer could punch through it...

That's why I make truffles instead... SO easy

8 ounces chocolate chips (I use 70% dark chocolate, WEIGH out 8 ounces... it's not 1 cup)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 TBSP Butter

Microwave in a bowl for 90 seconds, then stir everything together, throw in the fridge for an hour or two until it's mostly hard... shape into balls (this can get messy if you're too slow they will melt), roll in cocoa and you're done!

I also make some with added orange extract and roll in dried orange peel, or mint extract and roll in crushed Christmas peppermints, or rum extract and roll in crushed pecans, or coconut extract and roll in coconut...

They are delicious, decadent and make great gifts or pot luck contributions.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, so HannaLee posted a fudge recipe....and asked me to try it. I printed it out...and sat here and stared at it for days. :/ I just KNEW I was going to make fudge soup! Well....today I went and bought the sweetened condensed milk...for try number 1000 I am sure on makeing fudge.
Here are the results........ Me, the number one " killer of fudge recipes"

MADE FUDGE!! REAL FUDGE....it set right up...its creamy...yummy goodness.
TA DA!!!!
99_fudge.jpg

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
OK, so HannaLee posted a fudge recipe....and asked me to try it. I printed it out...and sat here and stared at it for days. :/ I just KNEW I was going to make fudge soup! Well....today I went and bought the sweetened condensed milk...for try number 1000 I am sure on makeing fudge.
Here are the results........ Me, the number one " killer of fudge recipes"

MADE FUDGE!! REAL FUDGE....it set right up...its creamy...yummy goodness.
TA DA!!!!
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/99_fudge.jpg
Oh, I *knew* that you could do it!! How happy is your family? Are you ready to get the "Queen of Fudge" title? Here's my other great fudge recipe: http://feedingthecrew.blogspot.com/2009/10/layered-mint-fudge.html It's just as easy and very impressive. I take this to potlucks, by request.