Fudges for Christmas/ DONE all packages made and sent!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I havent told the family yet...I am going to bring it out Thanksgiving day...TRUST ME.....they will be excited! LOL THANKS YOU SO MUCH !!!! I MADE FUDGE!!!! :weee

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
justusnak said:
I havent told the family yet...I am going to bring it out Thanksgiving day...TRUST ME.....they will be excited! LOL THANKS YOU SO MUCH !!!! I MADE FUDGE!!!! :weee
:thumbsup Yeah! Was'nt it a great recipe? I am like you...I screw up fudge too. And this was so easy! Your family is going to love it! Congrats! :celebrate

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was simple.....and that scared me even more! LOL
I just can't believe...I made fudge!! Me!! :celebrate

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
justusnak said:
It was simple.....and that scared me even more! LOL
I just can't believe...I made fudge!! Me!! :celebrate
:pop So what kind of fudge are you making next?
Wellllllllll............I was thinking of trying the same recipe...with peanutbutter chips....or maybe butterscotch?? Yummmmm I will let you know. LOL

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey Wifezilla, I made your fudge recipe tonight! It is chillin' in the ice box as we speak. The spoon I licked was so yummy I can't wait to eat the cooled fudge.
:drool
I sprinkled just a tiny bit of salt on the top of my slivered almond topping...I like salt. :p

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is an easy no cooking one that Justusnak can master. ;)

Here is the recipe as I got it from my cousin. Her double recipe follows.

Peanut Butter Squares
1 lb powdered sugar
18 oz peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, but recommend a high quality brand)
cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
cup water

Mix all together and press into pan. Use 8x8 for thick fudge or 9x13 for quite thin.

Melt 6 oz chocolate chips with 1 stick of butter in the microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring between each round. Pour over the top of the peanut butter mixture. Let sit to harden before cutting.

Doubling Peanut Butter Squares
2 to 2 lbs powdered sugar
24-32 oz peanut butter (depends on how much flavor you want)
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 sticks butter, melted
cup water

Mix all together and press into pan. Use 9x13 for thick fudge or jelly roll pan for thin.

Melt 12 oz chocolate chips with 1 3/4 sticks of butter in the microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring between each round. Pour over the top of the peanut butter mixture. Let sit to harden before cutting.

I did the doubling with a 28 oz jar of generic PB and a 2 lb bag of P. sugar. I put it in a 9x13 pan. It takes some effort to get the powdered sugar mixed in, so add your liquid to the PB first, then slowly add the P. sugar. They turned out awesome. :D

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I adore maple fudge....which is precisely why I do not make it and do not have a recipe for it.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
I adore maple fudge....which is precisely why I do not make it and do not have a recipe for it.
I totally agree. I chubbily ;) regret learning how to make fudge, truffles, choc-coveried cherries and caramels. Yikes.