GeorgieGirls Outrageously Boring Life...

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OK, these questions things are pretty strange most of the time and this one is of no exception. Cant figure why anyone would even want to know such nonsense about me. But here ya go anyway.

01. Name? Georgia
02. Gender? girl
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? I dont know, the one in florida
04. What is your favorite color? green
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? cant stand the thought and the smell of any of it
06. How much do you weigh? I just dont want to go there, and you shouldnt either.
07. How tall are you? 5-11
08. Can you swim? Yes
09. Do you like to swim? Yes
10. Living arrangement? In a house
11. What's on your mouse pad? my mouse
12. Favorite board game? pegs and jokers
13. Favorite magazine? all of my quilting mags
14. Favorite Actor? any of the old ones
15. Favorite Actress? Kathryn Hepburn
16. Do you have an accent? yes, as texas as it gets yall
17. Favorite smells? unscented
18. Least favorite smells? blood
19. Favorite sound? babies, ocean, and quiet
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? ocean to sit by, pools for swimming
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? not in this life time
22. Pencil or pen? I have a pen fetish, every color gel possible
23. Who's better - boys or girls? whos judging
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? No
25. Do you sing in the shower? no
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Baloo
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Damn alarm
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? Depends on how many rings till I find the phone
29. How do you want to die? Not my choice
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? No
31. Gold or silver? What are you offering
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? NO
33. Do you like dressing up? its ok every few years or so
34. Would you rather be short or tall? I'm ok where I am
35. Do you enjoy reading? sometimes
36. What book are you reading now? The Quilters Daughter
37. Favorite books? amish stories
38. What was the last movie you saw? Tyler Perrys latest, cant remember the name of it
39. Favorite movies? Notebook, 50 first dates, anything fun, no brainers
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? His name is John.
41. What is your sign? Go Horns!
42. What are your personality traits? passive, sarcastic, procrastinate, creative, boring, comical
43. What's your biggest fear? being afraid
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? do I need it?
45. Future child's name? All done with that, thank god!!!
46. Favorite foods? whatever is already prepared
47. Chocolate or vanilla? yes, thanks
48. Do you like to drive fast? faster than I can run
49. Storms - cool or scary? love them
50. Do you like to dance? yes
51. Do you do drugs? No
52. Do you smoke? only when I drink
53. What do you think of people who smoke? personal choice
54. Do you drink? Alcohol ? only when I smoke
55. Favorite drink? coke with real lime
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Absolutely
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? if its cooked
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? To be paid a huge sum of money to stay home and do what ever I wanted.
59. What's your "type"? I have a type?
60. Do you bite your nails? I'm not hungry.
61. Any siblings? 3 younger sisters and 1 older brothers
62. What movies have you cried in? depends on whos around
63. Do you believe in God? Absolutely
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? Yes
65. Have you ever stolen anything? Yes, I still remember that whoopin
66. Do you procrastinate? Only on days that end in y.
67. Do you believe in fate? nope
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? those two old men at the opera
69. Do you organize your CD's? no, dont even know where they are or what I have
70. What is your favorite kind of music? Country that is older than 1970 and 1970 rock
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Willie Nelson, Hank Williams Sr. Ray Price, George Jones, you get the picture, oh and KISS
72. What was the last CD you got? one my sister made for me, Glen Cambell
73. MTV or VH1? both are blocked from my world
74. Who do you admire the most? My best friend Sally
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? for what
76. Are you single? yes, there is just one of me and my husband likes it that way
77. Favorite TV show? The Waltons
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? My husband shaves his head to cover the salt and pepper that I love on him.
79. Glasses or contacts? only when I am awake
80. What color are your eyes? blue (and red this morning)
81. What is your natural hair color? yukky dull brown, same as now
82. But what color is it now? See above.
83. Have you ever been in love? he says I have
84. Any pets? dog, cat an 70+ chickens
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Decent
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? depends on how thirsty I am at the time. pretty empty right now
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? yes, or you cant read it
88. What's under your bed? big huge scary dust bunnies
89. What is your favorite number? What's that
90. Favorite sport to watch? boxing & UT and Redskins football, I know, dont ask

There it is for what ever its worth to ya.

My name is Georgia, I live with hubby John and son Jonathan in central Texas. Been here almost 50 years now, I work in the hospital I was born in. I am the lead ER clerk/tech and what ever they need at the time. I get roped into everything from CPR to emergency births. I love it all. It is the very best job I have ever had. I retired from owning floral shops for over 25 years. My hubby is at 53 a full time student, going for his associates welding degree. A new life for us both. Son is 22, needs to get a job, grow up, become responsible and move on. Still "finding out what he wants to be" I say be employed. whatever.
My favorite passtimes are quilting, oil painting, making lotions, soaps, lip balms etc. If it is a craft, I have pretty much done it, tried it all. But I always stick with quilting and painting. Those keep me sane.
I love my chickens and want a few acres in the country to add a couple of cows, goats and pigs and a huge garden. Just want to be out there on our own.
So...how exciting is my life....

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Georgia!! :woot

I love the old country music, too. Statler Brothers, The Opossum, Charley Pride. I gew up listening to that stuff on the radio.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey Georgia
your life is like ours.....LOL....we all basically do the same thing as you. With a few fun great times thrown in the mix! :)

You sound like you truly love working in the hosptial! That is 1/2 the battle in life if you like what you do, and get paid. :)

I laughed when you said your son is still deciding on what he wants to be....you say employed. HA HA

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow! A job that is exciting and where you are really needed! I don't think your life is boring. Unscented is my favorite smell too.

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Really I cant believe I think my life if boring either. Everyone is always saying they cant imagine how I do as many things as I do. And I dont know either. It just seems a waste of time to sit and stare at the tv when I could be painting or sewing or something that I dont otherwise seem to have the time to do. But I do pacify my husband and sit with him on the nights he is home for our "together" time. But I am usually doing somekind of handwork at the same time. Or writing or planning something, the new room we are adding on, or my spring garden, or my new kitchen I want, or a new chicken pen, or flower beds...I wish I could keep up with my mind. I swear it races too fast for me.
I have been sitting here at work since 7am and hemmed 2 1/2 baby quilts and had only one patient all day. Not a very exciting day for an ER. But thats a small town for you. You just never know how the day will go.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing with us.

Your job sounds exciting and hey getting paid for something you like is allways a plus.

Can't wait to hear more. Gina

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It is sooooo Monday! My agenda for the week is to get reorganized in my house. It is the wreck from hadeeees. My sewing stuff is all over the dining room hence our eating in the living room the past month. And I am sick of it. So that stuff has to be finished up as much as I can and get it put away. I have about 5 more aprons that are already ordered that have to be done and sent off and then its a dining room again.
Then to the outside. We are closing in the carport to be an extra room for our son. Who really should be making his OWN room in another house all together, but he feels secure here. I guess I could fix that too, but wont for now. I wanted a bathroom in there and make it a self sustained little apartment, so he can "stay" out there, but we cant afford the plumbing part right now. We have all the parts we need, just need a plumber to do the digging and attaching part. Big dollars that we dont have right now. But I want it done so son can move into it and I can have my sewing room back!
We are also rebuilding the attached laundry room, making it a little larger and with much needed storage shelving over the washer and dryer. The ceilings are 10 ft tall out there so there is a lot of space going up, and good for stuff you dont need to touch all the time.
And in that new laundry area, my new freezer was delivered today. And will be filled with our cow we ordered to be delivered to slaughter Nov 2. And as soon as they fatten up a bit, the cornish x too. And we are set for a while. Too bad I dont have a place to raise a pig, I would be in hog heaven!!!
All this going on and hubby wont be home till next weekend, the 8th. He is going to welding school in Waco and is staying all this weekend to practice up for a BIG test in Corpus Christi that could change our lives totally. It is a huge job pipe welding, and he wants it more than anything. At this point, so do I, it pays $70. per hour plus 125. per day perdium. Thats like 5 times more than we have ever made together! I am sure he will do well, we will jsut have to adjust to living 4 hours apart and seeing each other much less than every weekend. Right now he is only gone Sun nite-Wed afternoon. No big deal. Luckily my job is flexible and I can easily get 7 days off when ever needed.
So, anyway, I just have more going on than I can keep straight in my little brain. It needs a rest.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
congrats on that great job for DH---sorry about the time apart...but we do what we have to don't we?

Fingers crossed the big test goes well!! :)

your life is jam packed with things to do!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:) I'm glad to see you here. I still haven't managed to find extra cash to splurge on an apron for myself. I haven't given up hope though. I just need to get more days substituting so I have more cash flow.
Yay on the freezer! That's so cool!

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks farmerchick, it really is jam packed. More so than I ever imagined. I have tried so hard in the past year to simplify but it seems to keep kicking me in the rear. I just dont know where it is all coming from. Living simpler, cleaner, and healthier is a lot of work! A lot more than just going to the store and grabbing stuff. I am raising chickens for eggs and meat. We bought a cow for meat. I am making my own soaps, bath and laundry. No cable tv. I am building raised beds for gardens in the spring. I am sewing for extra money and selling my soaps. I work 50 hours a week at the hospital. Take care of my parents, and dh's mom and sister. Try to stay active in church things. Meet with the girlfriends for cards once a month. Planning my sisters wedding. No wonder I am so tired. It looks crazy when it is in writing!

Latest posts