GeorgieGirls Outrageously Boring Life...

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I'm afraid to take time off of work, it's twice as much work to come back to! I have 295 hours of vacation saved up, it would take me six months to catch up if I took it!
Good luck on settling back in! Double up on the coffee, we have a Dutch Brothers here that has one called a 911 with 9 shots of the good stuff.
Take care!
Tina/tfpets

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We sold at a craft show yesterday. It was really slow, we were told there would be a huge turnout because it was actually a car show/biker ralley fund raiser for Meals on Wheels. I dont think I saw 20 bikes at the most. We only did about 75.00, but it was a nice day to sit outside in the shade and listen to the music.
Husband picked up our processed cow yesterday from the butcher. 549 pounds of beef. A LOT of cow! Both of my freezers are full. It sure feels good to have that. We had our first meal from it last night. YUMMY! Beef tips with gravy and noodles.
Back to work today. I hope it stays calm, I am really tired. We ran out of gas yesterday on the way home. Gas gage is getting screwy. Luckily a station was right aournd the corner adn son took a milk jug we had water in and got a gallon to get us there. Our gas is now 1.89 a gallon. Never thought I would see that again. Dont understand how the cost of everything everywhere goes up except my pay check. How is that suppose to work.
I am so ready for hubby to graduate and get a job, I am wearing out fast! I'm too old for this many hours and amount of stress.

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had a really horrible night last night. Hubby goes back to school on Sundays, so I go home alone. Not a big deal, he is back on Wed. and it is usually a nice quite evening alone to kind of unwind and think. I got home from work about 7:30 and checked on the chickens and others. Heated a plate of left overs and settled in front of the tv from some brainless time.
My girlfriend called in a panic. Seems her totally useless drunk abusive husband took it all to a totally higher level. He got mad at her for of course, the smallest stupid thing and threw a chair at her, busting her nose. Then decided that was not enough. He came back with a shotgun and shoved it in her nose as she lay on the floor, making her bleed more. Somehow the son 15, called the sherriffs dept and they showed up. Took him to a large hospital an hour away for psych evaluation. The husbands brother showed up too, and told her to follow the ambulance. Not thinking at all from shock, she did. She called me when only 20 min from home to tell me where she was going. I talked her into going back home to be with her son. She didnt tell the deputies anything at all. They took him based solely on what he told them. I advised her to call them as soon as she got home and tell them everything and find out how long he may be gone, and if at all possible to file charges on him. It is battery/abuse. All with a deadly weapon. Threats to kill. Threats of suicide. I talked with her about 45 minutes, until she got home. I havent been able to reach her this morn. I still shake with the possibilities of what happened and what could have happened. I prayed really hard for a long time last night. It is scary enough to see these things on the tv involving strangers, but when it hits with one of your very best friends, it is suddenly very real.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am really sorry that you, your friend, and her son are going through this. People from the outside can give all kinds of advice, but ultimately, the decision is going to rest with your friend..she has to decide on whether or not she can chose a life without her abuser and get to safety. He sounds very very dangerous. I hope you stay safe too...this man is not rational...
Please take care. :hugs
Tina/tfpets

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh Georgia that is just terrible.

but Tina is right. You must detach yourself in a way, give advice, etc. but do not make yourself sick over this. We can only advise someone, help when we can, hope the decisions they pick are right, and live our own lives.

But yes when it is so close to home it can effect our horribly! Hope you hear good news!

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you Tina. The hosp called her this a few minutes ago and said they would be holding him for 48 hours. I am getting off work at 1 and taking her to the sher. office to tell them of everything that happened. Aparently they didnt talk to my friend at all, they handcuffed him and took him away with only what he told them. So what he said was enough of a threat for them to act on it. But I told her they have to know all of what happened so if nothing else it is on record. I am also pushing her to file charges, it is assult with a deadly weapon and threat to kill. It is for her safety as well as her sons. Then we will pack what we can and send her to her cousins house in another town. He has finally crossed that line where she feels he is serious and she is scared to death so she is ready to made a move right now. I told her to take everything she could paper wise, like phone books, birth records, everything. Luckily she is pretty organized and put her hands on things pretty quickly. Most importantly was to get the guns out of the house asap and put them in her trunk. I just feel the need to be there to keep her strong and give her the support she needs to take care of things. Pray we both stay strong.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Georgiagirl said:
Thank you Tina. The hosp called her this a few minutes ago and said they would be holding him for 48 hours. I am getting off work at 1 and taking her to the sher. office to tell them of everything that happened. Aparently they didnt talk to my friend at all, they handcuffed him and took him away with only what he told them. So what he said was enough of a threat for them to act on it. But I told her they have to know all of what happened so if nothing else it is on record. I am also pushing her to file charges, it is assult with a deadly weapon and threat to kill. It is for her safety as well as her sons. Then we will pack what we can and send her to her cousins house in another town. He has finally crossed that line where she feels he is serious and she is scared to death so she is ready to made a move right now. I told her to take everything she could paper wise, like phone books, birth records, everything. Luckily she is pretty organized and put her hands on things pretty quickly. Most importantly was to get the guns out of the house asap and put them in her trunk. I just feel the need to be there to keep her strong and give her the support she needs to take care of things. Pray we both stay strong.
That sounds like a plan, and that is what she needs, a plan, a very serious safety plan. Please remember you are putting yourself in harms path also, and this man has a GUN. This is very serious, people die every day at the hands of domestic abusers, unfortunately often times AFTER THEY LEAVE, if that doesnt take the cake...sorry this doesnt help, but you really do need to take safety precautions, and hook up with your local domestic abuse service providers....I work in Social Services and this needs to be taken most seriously...you have chosen to be in it, your friend most certainly needs your help and you are wonderful to be supportive of her and her son, bless you for that....but please....
Think safe, be safe...this man is dangerous...and we care.....
Tina

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I can appreciate the danger of it all which is why the very first thing I told her this morning was to gather all weapons and put them in her car trunk and pack all other stuff on top of them. She can always get rid of them later, but they need to be out of the house right now. She said she did that, and is packing important belongings now. He is actually a distant cousin of my husbands and would no cross my husband, even drunk, he is afraid of the size of him and knows him too well. As quiet a man as my hubby is, he could flatten him in a heartbeat. Anyway we plan to have this all taken care of by this evening and have her on her way. She was wondering what to tell the schools. I am not sure of that answer. Any suggestions?

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Georgiagirl said:
I can appreciate the danger of it all which is why the very first thing I told her this morning was to gather all weapons and put them in her car trunk and pack all other stuff on top of them. She can always get rid of them later, but they need to be out of the house right now. She said she did that, and is packing important belongings now. He is actually a distant cousin of my husbands and would no cross my husband, even drunk, he is afraid of the size of him and knows him too well. As quiet a man as my hubby is, he could flatten him in a heartbeat. Anyway we plan to have this all taken care of by this evening and have her on her way. She was wondering what to tell the schools. I am not sure of that answer. Any suggestions?
Tell them what they need to know, he has to leave due to a family crisis - if this is not his son too there should not be an issue, otherwise she will need to get a temporary custody order and make sure the school has the information. They also need to get studies for her son so he doesnt lose his credits, and need to get him enrolled where he is right away....there may be a crisis service where she is going that can assist with that and get him set up so not too much is lost there....
So much to think about....Keep in touch
Tina

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, my friend is gone to south TX now. And as much as I miss her, I hope she stays. He has been moved to our county jail today, and will see a judge either today or tomorrow and be bailed. They are asking for a 50000. bail but his brother said he would get him out. 5000 is a lot for a day to day labor worker, maybe we will get lucky and he wont be able to. He probably wont get more than a few years probation anyway. As long as she and her son are safe, it is all that matters to me.

I have another craft show to do tomorrow, I sure hope it does well, at least better than last weekend. I could a little extra these days. Today is payday and its already gone. How does that work? It is hard to imagine ever being ahead, or even caught up. I can get pretty down about it all if i let myself.

Latest posts