GeorgieGirls Outrageously Boring Life...

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh, dont worry about the apron, I have lots made and just loads of spare time to make more! HAHAHA! But I do love doing it, so I make the time.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Awesome news on the potential job for your DH! With a possible income like that, I don't blame you for wanting him to get it! Good luck!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Georgiagirl said:
Oh, dont worry about the apron, I have lots made and just loads of spare time to make more! HAHAHA! But I do love doing it, so I make the time.
I'll probably just send you a money order one day and say pick one for me!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL-LOL---all that to do list looks crazy in writing and I know it was crazy reading it..HA HA

I did the same, worked a 40 hr. job and farmed. WOW...talk about full speed thru life. Then I got more and more animals and was really tied to the farm and house. Can get very stressful actually.

Remember in the olden days the wife didn't work but on the farm to feed the family, tend the garden etc. It was a real full time job to raise your own foods. It is hard work to live like the older times and a simpler life...LOL I hear ya!

I got to quit work when Nicole was born 3 1/2 years ago. WOW...I got more busy. Yup, thinking that quitting my job would give me more time, nope, I work the farm harder..LOL...we farm for profit and sell at the markets and such and wow, you sure can get yourself so busy it is amazing.

But we love it! :)

Can you slow down? I bet you are the type that loves the days jammed packed like me....if I have a spare minute I go insane..HA HA

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Seems the only time I can slow down is if I am not at home. I can only stop my brain and body if I am gone somewhere else, like a vacation somewhere. If I am at home there is something that needs to be done, and there is no way even if I had 24/7 to do it in, that I could get it all done. How do these people have the picture perfect house, yard, gardens, life??? It makes me crazy! And yet when I do get something "finished" it isnt long until my crazy thoughts are to change it in some way. I think I am my own worst enemy! I will be the death of me yet! :barnie

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hmmmm, and I was just thinking...since I dont have anything else to do...I am going to check into getting a couple of turkeys to raise for next years holiday dinners. Wonder how long it takes for them to "ripen"? That would make the holidays special. My dad always says lets just have soup or sandwiches, no need to go to all that trouble. But I would love to have a "pretty" holiday table for a change, I love to do all the cooking anyway. I think it would be fun. Anybody raise turkeys? Can you just like order 2 or 3 babies from Ideal?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
check your local livestock sales paper first Georgia. Getting local turkeys is better than getting them thru the mail. Shipping is hard on them. Just a suggestion.
That way you can raise your own. Very simple to raise them. Just like a chicken! :)

ALSO--I know what you mean. Funny, before I quit work, I did my job and didn't have the farm to this level. I came home and relaxed and did my little farm work and enjoyed it. Now home is WORK! It is unsettling to me actually. It is not a haven for relaxing anymore...everywhere I look is work related now. Home became work and work around me 24/7. I actually don't like that..but hey right? LOL--just a pet peeve of mine, kinda like no where to relax. I see work everywhere. I gotta change my mindset..LOL

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
But I only live 20 miles from Ideal, believe me it is not a good thing for someone chicken obsessed!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Tell your DH good luck on the test.

Your evening with your hubby sound like ours. I may be watching TV with him, but I always have a book, laptop, recipes, etc. in my lap (along with a dog). I like to stay occupied too- no time for dawdling.

Yep, sometimes being at home is a drag...always something to do. :/

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If my life is so boring...then why dont I have a minute to keep up with this!
I just had 6 days off from work and was so busy I didnt even have a chance to look at this site.
I spend 2 whole days sewing aprons, trying to get caught up on orders, and running out of things I needed, that would put me behind again. So I run to Walmart get it and that takes hours. and of course I find something else I have to try or need or forgot I was out of, or see someone who wants to talk forever.
And spent 2 whole days all over the city of Austin taking my sister wedding dress shopping. And of course she is a libra and couldnt make up her mind between vanilla or chocolate, let alone a wedding dress. Finally by the end of the second day, I forced an opinion out of her and made her buy one so we could move on to the next project. I am just not a shopper. I usually know what I wnat and where I want to get it. I go there, buy it, go home. Now I love to shop junk stores and antique shops and brouse craft malls stuff like that. But looking at every item in a mall or walmart or target, forget it!
then the other 2 days were spent on the yard, the chicken pen and the enclosure of the carport. And I wonder why I cant seem to complete a project. Because THERE ARE TOOOOO MANY OF THEM!!! And only one of me!!! :barnie
So now I am back at work and 6 days behind here! Where is my prozac? Or too much coffee. or both...

Latest posts