GeorgieGirls Outrageously Boring Life...

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Georgiagirl said:
Well, my friend is gone to south TX now. And as much as I miss her, I hope she stays. He has been moved to our county jail today, and will see a judge either today or tomorrow and be bailed. They are asking for a 50000. bail but his brother said he would get him out. 5000 is a lot for a day to day labor worker, maybe we will get lucky and he wont be able to. He probably wont get more than a few years probation anyway. As long as she and her son are safe, it is all that matters to me.

I have another craft show to do tomorrow, I sure hope it does well, at least better than last weekend. I could a little extra these days. Today is payday and its already gone. How does that work? It is hard to imagine ever being ahead, or even caught up. I can get pretty down about it all if i let myself.
I hope your friends stays gone and safe too. It usually takes leaving more than once for it to be for good...its just a pattern...unfortunately. I hope your friend is a smart person and doesnt become a statistic. He is an abuser, a sick and angry person, and she cant change that no matter how much she loves him.

Its hard times right now, I hope you do well at your craft show too! Dont let yourself get down! You have such talent! You have a trade, You can do something that you can share with others, and express yourself, an art, a style! Try being a Social Worker for Children's Services?! Sure fire way to kill a conversation at a get together, not a great way to make friends in the neighborhood cause someone knows someone who had a bad experience or something :( not a lot of transferrable skills when it comes to self sufficiency! :) People are surely gonna need more stuff around the Holidays....have you been selling online, like do you have one of the sites, like is it and Etsy account, I think? Or Ebay?
Ah but those are pretty commercial, scare me...but they could bring in earnings.
I wish you the best! Hope your friend and her son are well. Tina

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I spoke with my friend last night. She is doing very well, much stronger than I have heard her sound in many months. She is away and says she is staying away. She has job interview set up and is looking for an apartment and her son is in school and adjusting very well. He likes it there too. Her husband is out on bail and the arresting charges were changed from assult to attempted murder. We are happy about that. Just have to wait and see which way the justice system goes. You just never know.

The craft show on Sat was ok, not as good as I had hoped but it was worth going to. We still have one more the first weekend in Dec. to get rid of a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll mark it down.

I think I will get my Christmas stuff out this week while I am off and see if I can change my mood some. I am kind of anxious to see my stuff and touch my antique ornaments. It is days worth of work, but I think it has to make me feel more "up" than I have been. It is at least worth the effort. Maybe when I get it up I will post pictures here.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Georgiagirl,
I know this will not apply to everyone.....But will you tell your friend to be careful who she dates in the future. Usually, women who have been in this type of relationship have a tendancy to repeat it over and over. This happened to me and what it took for me, was an HONEST evaluation of what I was looking for in a man (bad boy, needy)......and then I went in the opposite direction. I am glad she got away, it is so hard.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I hope everything works out for your friend.

What kind of crafts do you do? Can you show us pictures of that?

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks all...
Roosmom, I do know that is just how it is, and some dont ever realize that. We have already had that discussion, about laying low and learning yourself first and what you want in a person. I didnt say need, mainly because I dont think we shouse NEED anyone, we should want to be with them and be able to take care of ourselves.

Oh my, as far as crafts there isnt much I havent done. Mostly I love oil painting and sewing, quilting. The painting is a total mental rest for me, nothing else can enter my mind while I am painting. I like to do folk art and very tiny detailed stuff, like is on a lot of puzzles and calanders, and western paintings, indians, cowboys, landscapes. I also make lotions, lip balm, soaps and etc. I make large 4' old world santas, beeding, embroidery, anything I can get my hands on. I really would like to downsize my craft stuff and concentrate on painting and sewing, but something comes along and I just cant wait to try it. I usually collect everything needed for something and make a few and loose interest. So I have boxes of everything imaginable. I am anxious to get it all organized at least so I know what I have and where it is. That would help my mental status a lot!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I want to see your 4' santas. I tried that once.....HE turned out great, do you think I could find a face to fit the size? I made a face but I am not really happy with it, come on girl, get some pics on here.

Yes we should all KNOW ourselves, we should all like to spend time with ourselves, not depend on another person to fill those shoes all the time. I am glad she has a strong person. Cuz she might just be acting strong right now. You know, fake it til ya make it.

I want to try painting my chickies out in the yard........

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think I have some pics of some I made, but I gave all the Santas away. Some to fund raisers and some to friends. Thats what I do. I make stuff, if someone rants and raves over it, I give it to them. If not I would need a warehouse!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is such good news to hear about your friend! And she has a good friend to listen to her and support her, and that really counts. So many women have to hide their abuse, whether it be out of fear or shame, and have no where to turn. Your friend has already made it past alot of milestones! Like others are saying, now she needs to avoid chosing another loser :mad: And there are more of them than the good guys, unfortunately.

You have so much talent! Soaps and crafts, and all that! Lately its all I can do to finish a sewing project! I would love to see some of your work too!! Can you post pics of your art work too?

Your antique decorations sound so nice - I cant wait to see them now! It's like two Christmas's, getting to open the decorations and handle the things from grandmas, and moms, and when we were kids, and things we got through the years...Its such a nostalgic time. I hope you enjoy the moments!

Take care, have a great day!
Tina

Georgiagirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, I did it, I got 4 trees put up and one garland. I am thinking that just might do it for this year. Since I have to do it all alone, it kind of looses its appeal. But I do enjoy when I walk in a room and the bright lights hit me. Its like seeing an old friend again. I know everyone wants pictures posted but once again after 10 minutes of trying everything I can think of, it just wont work for me. If someone wants to give me a pointer or 2 I'll attempt it again.