Get your Credit Cards PAID off A.S.A.P.- NOW

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
What really scared me about the credit card thing is this........the bank that I have had an account with since I was 16 years old, and a credit card since I was 19 or 20, SOLD my credit card to another company, Elan Financial Services. :ep Elan is a company that likes to tac on big late charges and jack your interest rate for ANY small infraction or perceived infraction........
That was bad enough, but then I realized that my HELOC not only has a "checkbook" you can use to access the account, but ALSO has a VISA card you can use as well! :ep
SO FAR the bank hasn't sold off the HELOC's but it is only a matter of time......... We have decided it is time to tell the greedy bankers to go POUND SAND. We don't need or want that kind of "service".

sparkles2307

Power Conserver
Reaction score
One more reason we dont have credit cards, never have. If we want it that badly we save up for it.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So very glad DH & I have never had and will never have a credit card. I believe the only thing we ever put on credit was a truck that never worked right. We sold it and paid that junk off quick!

Its tougher, & you have to wait longer when you pay cash for everything, but it makes you buy less stuff and appreciate it more.

The borrower really is slave to the lender...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
With so many things requiring a credit card for online payment, I have had a lot of customers without cards complain. Then I noticed at Walmart that you can get a prepaid card for a couple of bucks over the card amount.

With one of those, you can still buy stuff online without having to worry about a regular credit card.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its my own little form of protest to not shop with internet companies that don't accept PayPal or mail orders. :cool:

I usually send them an email when I find something I wanted to buy but can't. "I would love to shop with your company, but neither I, nor my family, nor most of my friends use credit cards. Since you do not accept PayPal, I am regretfully taking my business elsewhere, and paying a little more for the ability to use a payment method that suits me."

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I seem to be in the minority :). DH and I have have 2 CCs, and use them for most of our purchases. But, that said, we always pay off any balance before it is due. Pretty much like others have said, make sure you have the money before you buy, but we just use the CC for the middle step. It helps to keep track of our spending, through the itemized statement; it keeps our money in the bank a little bit longer (though we don't have interest on our checking at our present bank :(); and we aren't limited when we buy on line, or need to rent a car, or things like that. For this to work, of course, discipline is needed. It helps that both DH and I both have always had a horror of debt. We got in trouble with this only once in 30 years, many years ago - luckily only several hundred dollars, and not many thousands - and it took such a while to pay it off that we were scared into never letting it happen again :lol:. Except for this revolving credit, paid off every month, we are debt free.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Don't have a CC anymore, but my SO has one that is just for "in case". Probably until they try to charge us for not using it, then it goes. We unfortunately have a HE loan that we took out for building the barn. ICK. I wish I could get that paid off, but other than that we don't have a primary mortgage. The most secure feeling in the world is not having a mortgage.

FarmerJohnson

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
For a long time I did well with having no credit cards, but about five years back I started to use credit cards for growing a business. Had them under control until early this year.

Fortunately I paid off most of my debt and just have a few hundred dollars left to pay on the last one. Looking forward to having no debt once again because it's expensive to maintain a credit card let alone use one.