Getting acclimated to country

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just looked at the pics I posted of the small pond clean up and noticed that my homemade kneeler is in some. I used to kitchen table chair cushions (tied together) inside a black heavy duty contractor trash bag. It's totally comfortable and I have plenty of room to either sit on my butt or kneel. When I do kneel, the cushions are SO thick my knees don't touch the ground so they don't bother me and I have a bad knee on the right.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My Uncle really must be proud of the work I'm doing seeing how there's a pump for the pond that's going to be coming in shortly then going to get some Goldfish to put in it along with an algae eater. I wonder what other fish can go in there so able to have an assortment of color. It's been years since a pump has been in the pond. Once the pond has fish and the pump I'll be able to post different pics.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, the pump for the pond came in yesterday so NOW all that's remaining is to find a store near me that sells fish for ponds. I know I've said before where I live but if you all don't want to go hunting for it- Morris, Otsego County, NY. Any and all information/assistance is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thanks in advance.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Get little "feeder" goldfish. Any pet store with fish and walmart will have them. They're cheap and they can grow HUGE.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I already tried to suggest that but he doesn't want to go that way. He wants to go to a fish store itself. I actually want to get a Koi fish even though I'm not positive but aren't they a type of goldfish anyway.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Found out earlier today that when my Uncle goes back to work after having the weekend off, he's taking my cousins two cats and dropping them off to him.
I'm sad about them going but also happy that they are going seeing how Rigby is missing his owner (depressed).

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry to report this but I was just given bad news by my Uncle instead of my mother. The man who has been in my life every since I was little passed away this morning after a long battle with COPD. Please everyone keep me and my family in your prayers.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My condolences go out to you and your whole family. Even knowing he is at rest finally doesn't help the sorrow of those left behind. :hugs