Getting acclimated to country

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is looking so nice! And what's a picture without a chicken in it?

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IMG_20170624_185109.jpg
That's my tan today! I'm getting so dark and summer has just begun. Next thing I know I'll be as dark as trees and nobody will be able to actually see me unless the pale (ghost white) parts are showing. LOL!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Because the night rain & morning dew is heavy this time of year, I wear "sloggers" to feed in AM & during the day they're still on. The sun tan on my feet leaves a huge line of light & dark skin.....I have almost scrubbed the skin off thinking it was dirt! Yep, farmer tan is rampant here.

If you live in a farming community, everyone else looks similar LOL

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, it's just a little after 7am here this morning.
I was told last night that my sister's husband was in the hospital-don't know why. Now this morning I got a call from my Grandfather, he was in the hospital ER last night for 4 hours and his girlfriend's ( I call her Grandma) sister passed on during the night last night.
Oh yeah plus on Fri my hormones decided to go crazy ( I think the ladies on this site will understand what it is I'm trying to say without being too blunt or vulgar about it and offending anyone).
And I really can't do anything to help any of them seeing how I'm stuck out here in the country with no vehicle or even have my license to drive.
Holy mackerel !!!!! What or who next?

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The pond looks great! Really hope all your family members get through their health issues! Not knowing what's going in is so hard! :hugs