Getting acclimated to country

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Doctor went good. No serious illness!!!
Just found out that my doctor has ordered a pelvic ultrasound- don't have an appointment yet but I'm already not looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just found out my Uncle ( property owner- truck driver) is a diabetic so healthier eating/ diet change is in store. Right now I'm trying to do my best at preparing for that.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's raining here this morning and it's going to rain Off and on all day long. With maybe a couple of short breaks. I wasn't planning on working outside today anyway so take that Mother Nature! You didn't mess my plans or schedule up today.
I do think it's so pretty after it rains, everything looks so fresh and clean and shiny. I just wish it wouldn't make the grass/weeds grow so fast. I don't mind pushing the lawn mower but I'm currently running low on gas and don't know when my Uncle is going to be here. I could always put the gas can into a wheelbarrow and walk 5 miles into town then walk 5 miles home.
That would be a sight though. I'm laughing my bottom off right now as I'm sitting in a chair thinking about that sight.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What? You are sitting out there with no transportation? That would be a problem for me. Do you have to wait for your uncle to come in so you can go to town for groceries, etc? A 10 mile walk in the heat we have in Texas would stop me in the first mile, gas be hanged. :lol:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My EE cross, Boo, must have laid her first egg today. When I collected the eggs I had a small egg in the nesting box. Plus Roo ( my BO rooster) has begun to crow- sounds a little broken right now though.