Getting acclimated to country

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These next two pics are of the side yard that I mow with the push mower.
IMG_20170718_062429.jpg

Standing in front of cow pasture looking towards road
IMG_20170718_062620.jpg

Standing by the road looking towards cow pasture.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Being out here in the country is so quiet and peaceful.
I don't know I didn't enjoy it before. Sure, there's a lot of work up keep that goes on but as time goes on it doesn't seem like work to me. It seems like exercise which I enjoy it even the tough work seems to be getting easier than what it was before.
NOPE, I'M STILL NOT MOVING THE ROCKS BY THE SMALL POND. NOPE, NOPE. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Snakes are living there and some are pretty big!! I try to keep my distance from getting too close to the pond so that way I won't bother them.
Sitting outside enjoying the crisp in the air and letting Mother Earth do her thing is so relaxing. I can't understand why others don't appreciate it and why they always want to destroy it.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now that chickens are settled in for the night. I can settle in myself- well, that is after I get the (3) four legged brats to settle down but once the lights go off they normally do find their own sleeping places and go to bed even though there are times where I have to speak to Tyge ( 10-11 month old) a couple of times before he gives in. Typical brat!!!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope it's less foggy by you today! It's beautiful though… You're right, being out in the country is amazing.