glenolam's madness - April passed away

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So are ya home? I am! Sure is pretty out there.....
:rolleyes:
There are a few soap sellers around here that I know of. Two from Lebanon that sell at the Farmer's Markets that come to mind.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Brambleberry is a more expensive place to buy fragrances from, that's for sure! Try www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com and take a look. There's isn't too bad and sometimes they run free shipping deals. I loaded up on coconut oil and palm oil from Columbus Foods - THAT was expensive, but in the end the per oz cost is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying it in 7lb containers.

Here's some pics of my soaps:

cimg4635.jpg

cimg4636a.jpg

swirlsv.jpg

I was a member on a soap making forum, but there was some "stuff" that was going on that I really didn't like. I learned a lot from there, but some of the other members kinda turned me off and from time to time I was worried about responding/posting a question for fear they'd tear me up for being a newbie and doing the things I was doing. I didn't delete myself, just haven't been on in a while. Maybe someday I'll go back and hopefully those "more experienced" won't be so snarky.

I did make it into work today. No school, but my son's daycare is open so I figured I'd save a vacation day. Husband went into work, too, which is a shocker since it wasn't too long ago he would REFUSE to go in if there was a few inches. :rolleyes: I think my complaining about "You're taking ANOTHER day UNPAID" is finally sinking in. I mean, how the heck can I pay off our debt and stop working if he slacks...JEEEZ! :p

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Just checked out your website. Nice Job!!
I am so jealous.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hey!! Do you see it????? That big yellow thing? Up in the sky???? And that blue all around it!!! Wow.
I soooo dislike snarky websites!

I can't wait to get a chance to come visit it you. I'll bring soap money!!! We use goat's milk soap almost exclusively here. I love it. I haven't ventured into making my own yet. I hope to do it this summer when I'm off work. We shall see!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I JUST looked out the window thinking WTH is she talking about? and saw it! That beautiful golden ball!

Too bad it's supposed to get really fricken cold this weekend...

I'd be happy to make some with you when you come for a visit! I learned by doing it with a friend too & it was the best way.

Thanks for the comment on the site. I noticed in another thread here someone who's selling the woman's gun holster uses the same people I do!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
glenolam said:
I JUST looked out the window thinking WTH is she talking about? and saw it! That beautiful golden ball!

Too bad it's supposed to get really fricken cold this weekend...

I'd be happy to make some with you when you come for a visit! I learned by doing it with a friend too & it was the best way.

Thanks for the comment on the site. I noticed in another thread here someone who's selling the woman's gun holster uses the same people I do!
Awesome! Thanks. :cool:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
What gorgeous soap! Those are truly lovely. I'm still working at getting a nice smooth bar. I loved using the goats milk but I have to admit my goaties are FF and I had to buy my milk in a CAN! :hide

They are due to kid next month so hopefully I can make at least one batch with some raw milk. I was going to call it "free" milk but realize that is a joke! :lol:

I'll have to bookmark your website for supplies, thanks! Brambleberry was really slow getting their products to me despite being here in my home state so I'm happy to have an alternative.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've heard brambleberry was slow and rather expensive, but that their fragrances were awesome. I just can't get past the slow and expensive part enough to order from them!

I've also ordered from TKB Trading company for POP micas. Their $20 sampler is awesome and, for me, lasts forever!

I have a FF who's supposed to freshen next month - I can't wait! She's got the cutest lil udder building - refuses to let me touch her, but she's still cute!

My herd queen, Eloise, is really, really ticking me off. I didn't bring her to the only boyfriend she's ever known (Tyler, a nigi) because I wanted her to breed with a nubian. Bought her a nice, new, young boyfriend and she wants NOTHING to do with him. :he Left her with the other buck I got for the littler girls and still NOTHING :he :he

Brought her to my neighbor's awesome, older, IN RUT buck 3 weeks ago...came home to her BLAA....BLAAAAAAAAAAAAA..BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA last night. She pretty much wakes the town up with her heat calls. Ugh...RAGING HEAT. I have a call back in to my neighbor to see if Eloise can visit again, but I think this is the last try. If she doesn't take this time I'm just going to give up on her this year and wait to breed her in Sept.

As it is she'll be having kids into June, which I DO NOT WANT!
127fs3780538.gif

DO YOU HEAR ME ELOISE! :rant

Sigh....

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:lol: I had an Aunt Eloise... she was an awesome lady but had a mind of her own. And spoke it too! We just lost her a couple of months ago. I think it's great you have a goat named Eloise. I also think it's great you might be able to help me find a buck when and if I'm ever ready to breed my does! I don't know anyone in this area with bucks. But I also haven't been sure that either has gone into heat at all. :hu It's looking like a milk free year for me. :(