glyphosate

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, there is still a glut of this poison on the shelves at any feed store, hardware store, Walmart...
@CrealCritter , you're preaching to the choir here. But, continue to preach it! If these warnings reach only ONE person and facilitate a change in the way they view their land management, it will be well worth it. Get a larger soap box, and I'll stand on it with you.

Changing the direction of culture is not in my wheelhouse. I have a hard enough time trying to change that space in between my own ears, let alone someone else's.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Every time you voice an opinion, you are working on changing the direction of culture, whether you know it or not. That's what freedom of speech is all about. We may not shake the earth. But, enough voices raised about a subject CAN change the direction of society, for good OR BAD. And, silence on any subject can also result in changes, most often for BAD.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You mean a chemical that kills living things will kill humans? I am so shocked!
I mean really is it that hard to understand?
Monsanto is definitely behind the bee deaths. They kill everything.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They were selling Roundup @ 2.50/G at Lowes a week or so ago. I wonder how many folks thought that was a good thing, and stocked up?

A few years ago, a few friends and I went to the home of a church member who's husband was dying of cancer to do some indoor/outdoor chores to ease their burden. A friend and I chose yard work.

The wife wanted us to spray the yard with roundup. The garage was a chemical warehouse. And, as we worked in the yard, we could smell the stench of those chemicals. The soil was completely dead: heavy cement in beds that should have been vibrant with life and soft black soil.

To this day, I find myself wondering if his cancer was caused by the roundup. Obviously, my friend and I declined to spray her yard, and I wore gloves and mask while working there!

If I've posted this story before... sorry!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Lazy Gardener I really apprecieate that story - every time that I read it.

We have some round-up in the garden shed. DH wanted me to use it in the garden when first moved in, I refused and told him to use it in his fields where he wants to plant deer plots. He used it once and hasn't used it since. He has seen how doing a double till a week apart will knock down the weeds to an acceptable level. And that is on land that has been pasture forever!