Goat Doeling - we lost her :(

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, she's picking her head up more and looking around when she here's a noise or we touch her box. I hope that's a good sign.

Read the article ofg posted and it said to move them onto opposite sides every hour to keep blood circulation good - so doing that, too. And holding her on my lap and rubbing her and talking to her.

And E hasn't fussed even once about my having her in the house :D

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aw, poor baby! There is a shortage of Vit B, it's awful! I have some here and if you were closer, I'd run some by! But definately get some into her if you can find some for people and drench her with it. It really helps them perk up and get their appetite back. and though she's been sick, you really want her to be able to have the energy to eat when the 24 hours after vomiting has passed.

Have you notice any other symptoms?

Keep us posted!!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
She's not vomiting, is willingly swallowing for me now, and is picking her head up more to look around.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I don't have any advice to add, but I'll add my prayers!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Give her some of YOUR vitamins, crushed and put in water and drench her with it. You're preggers, so you are on a B supplement, right?....one of yours, crushed and divided according to her weight, so one will make several doses for her.

Rant warning! Ladies, every woman of child-bearing age should be on a B complex supplement unless you are eating organ meats from pastured animals several times a week. Once you know you are pregnant it is too late, so don't skip this just because you may not be sexually active at the moment....better late than never, but it takes time to bring you body up from depletion, and the vast majority of today's population is very depleted.....and the symptoms are never caught as they can be subtle and resemble other things. Stress also depleted B's....anyone here have a bit of stress in your life? :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
freemotion said:
Give her some of YOUR vitamins, crushed and put in water and drench her with it. You're preggers, so you are on a B supplement, right?....one of yours, crushed and divided according to her weight, so one will make several doses for her.

Rant warning! Ladies, every woman of child-bearing age should be on a B complex supplement unless you are eating organ meats from pastured animals several times a week. Once you know you are pregnant it is too late, so don't skip this just because you may not be sexually active at the moment....better late than never, but it takes time to bring you body up from depletion, and the vast majority of today's population is very depleted.....and the symptoms are never caught as they can be subtle and resemble other things. Stress also depleted B's....anyone here have a bit of stress in your life? :p
I'm on prenatals - is that what you mean?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yes, your prenatals should have lots of B's.....but between pregnancies, all woman with a working uterus should be on a B complex all the time just in case! For proper neural tube development and brain development.

Imagine.....we all could've been geniuses.... :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
My prenatals are a gel capsule, so I cut the end of one and gave her a dose. Not helping yet. :(

I actually think she's weaker. Still poo'ed really good this afternoon - in fact, she wanted OUT of her box to poo.

Gave her some more water - hoping she shows some sign of improvement, but so far not. :(

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How long has it been since she last was spitting out her cud? have the 24 hours passed yet? it may be time for some food, but ask the experts! I'd expect the food to help with the weakness. You mentioned earlier that she sounded conjested, is she still sunding that way? any labored breathing? From my experience, goats can catch pnuemonia pretty easily from cold stress, so keep and eye open for that. Poor thing!