Good Thoughts for Sally

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, Sal? I'm wondering if Sam would like a card shower? Would that be possible? She may get a little down in rehab, as the isolation from her peers and the tough work may get to her.

I'd be more than happy to send her a note of love and encouragement! :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Hey, Sal? I'm wondering if Sam would like a card shower? Would that be possible? She may get a little down in rehab, as the isolation from her peers and the tough work may get to her.

I'd be more than happy to send her a note of love and encouragement! :)
Bee, what a wonderful idea. Sally, do you think she would like that? Would you mind emailing us the info? Or if you don't want to send out that info to different people maybe we could send our cards to one person who would forward them on. I personally would be more than happy to do that.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
OMG, she would totally love it.

How should I do the address thing? I know you guys aren't stalkers, but you never know about any one else. Does anyone want to be the "address" bearer? Or you guys can just email me via sufficientself. I'm home now in the evenings.

Seems she is going to be at this hospital for one more week before she goes to rehab.

Not sure about which rehab she is going to yet, but don't worry about me, I have a fuel efficient car and a "good to go pass". Plus the hosptial has been giving me fuel vouchers. (Thanks to their volunteers.)

(One more thing, NURSES RULE!!!!!!)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I think an address bearer would be a good idea. I pm'd and emailed you.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Another update.. she just doesn't get any breaks does she??;

Sam is going to rehab today...YEA!

She has a "mass" of tissue in her throat that is actually enlarged lingual tonsil tissue. It is the size of a malted milk ball and sticks out into her trachea blocking her airway. They are going to remove it next week when she is stronger b/c it is a pretty major "procedure" and will have to spend another week in the hospital to recover. This mass is probably what has been mimicing her "asthma" symptoms all these years. (Once removed it will be biopsied etc. to help rule out lymphoma...they don't think that is what it is, but they are doing it just to be safe.)

The reason why they think she is getting pneumonia so often however, is b/c of her damaged vocal chord which doesn't close properly and allows her to "silently aspirate" when she eats or drinks. The ENT is going to fix that as well once he gets inside her throat.

If any of you know any speech therapists out there, give them a hug b/c that was who honed the Drs in on the swallowing/throat issues. I totally underestimated speech therapists!

Once her lung is back and running 100% they are going to scan it to see if she has any unusual cysts, right now there is too much scar tissue to tell what from what. The scar tissue should "heal" itself in time, if not they will have to remove it...it was the thickness of a watermelon rind, and covered the whole side of her lung from top to bottom! (Yuck!) (The cysts may be due to the multiple infections or something she may have been born with...they aren't sure at this point. They aren't even sure if there are any cysts in there or not.)

Last but not least, she has no brain damage. She is still on her last few days of "wean" medicine, and her short term memory isn't the best yet because of it, but she is making progress every day.

Love, Sally

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Sounds like this is good news, sort of.

At least they are finally figuring it all out!!!

Lots of hugs and prayers continuing for Sam and Sally.... :hugs :love