Goodbye Michael Jackson and now Billy Mays!

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
how was he the king of pop? they reported earlier that he only had 13 number one hits, that is a sad number considering he was in the biz for 40ish years.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Probably because of his influence and psychotic-ness?

Too bad about Farra Faucet, she was always a favorite.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I thought he had a few good songs, even though I can not think of any at the moment; but for the most part, I thought he was freaky with all that plastic surgery. The evening news was showing clips when he was just a kid. Of course, that was when he actually looked like a human, and not an alien. What happened?
:idunno

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
firem3 said:
how was he the king of pop? they reported earlier that he only had 13 number one hits, that is a sad number considering he was in the biz for 40ish years.
He gave HIMSELF that name! And the media ran with it! Not earned.....self-proclaimed. Sheesh.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
freemotion said:
firem3 said:
He gave HIMSELF that name! And the media ran with it! Not earned.....self-proclaimed. Sheesh.
You have already proven tht you weren't, aren't, and never will be a michael fan. Your "dissin'" him, and it cuts me up inside. Why don't you just go find a new thread where you talk about how awful he was. :(

:lol: I'm just kidding I think that guy was a bit of a creep too!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Haha Ticks!

I can't help but wonder if the doctors were like 'Ehh.. do I want to help this guy?' When they saw him. I know, thats kind of mean, but I'm sure some people have thought about it.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I think he had his good side and is weird side. He was non-the-less a pop icon. He was a great influence in and on our culture.
My daughter was two years old, when she was trying to do the moonwalk. It was "the thing". He will be idolized and iconized (sp). I wrote him off soon after his nose surgery, but I can understand why he was a sick person and kind of feel for him. This does not excuse his bad behaviors, especially concerning the children. None of us are black or white. We are all shades of both to some degree.
He did some great things and he was accused of some awful things (which are probably true). But he still made a major contribution to our society!
Too bad he died on the same day as Farrah Faucet. She was my idol in my younger days. Not to mention that all the guys I know had a poster and wet dreams about her.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was watching this video on YouTube of Michael Jackson. He had a nice voice and could definitely move on stage. In fact, some of those dance moves of his really were quite amazing. The lyrics to this song are nice, although I don't know for sure if he actually wrote the song himself. It is kind of sad that his life seemed to reflect a great deal of misery...

Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror"

Boltstrikes

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Michael Jackson was an entertainer. I hate all this media hype about him now that he is dead. He doesn't deserve it. He is a modern day version of a jester. Just to amuse people. He did nothing impactful with his life beyond screwing up children.

Now Ed Mcmahon died this week and with him died the dreams of many people. No longer can you daydream about him showing up at your door with a million bucks.