Goodbye Michael Jackson and now Billy Mays!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
ticks said:
freemotion said:
firem3 said:
how was he the king of pop? they reported earlier that he only had 13 number one hits, that is a sad number considering he was in the biz for 40ish years.
He gave HIMSELF that name! And the media ran with it! Not earned.....self-proclaimed. Sheesh.
You have already proven tht you weren't, aren't, and never will be a michael fan. Your "dissin'" him, and it cuts me up inside. Why don't you just go find a new thread where you talk about how awful he was. :(

:lol: I'm just kidding I think that guy was a bit of a creep too!
:smack

Oh, wait, did I just hit a kid??? Oops.... :plbb

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Michael's but this is the end of an era, for sure. I graduated in '84 so much of the music of my high school years was performed by him or songs much like his.

I, too, feel like your childhood should not turn you into a child predator. Not every child who is molested goes on to then molest children, its a conscious choice. And its wrong. That folks made jokes of it for many years is a sad thing. Just because he was famous he could buy his way out of conviction and it became a joke.

Jehovah Witness's look upon him as a saint, so this should be quite a blow to them.

I wonder if he will start "turning up" in Walmart's across the nation and the rumor will begin about him not really being dead? :D

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of pop music or Michael Jackson, but I do love music in general. Now that he is gone, maybe I can appreciate some of his songs. :hu

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I loved Thriller.
Sometimes I wish I didn't know who sang a particular song; when I learn who I am almost always disappointed for one reason or another. My girlfriend and I went to see Dire Straits, the entire lead up to the concert was discussing what a hunk the singer must be with that voice. We saw him and looked at each other, busting up laughing.

I don't know why Michael made his choices in life.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Jehovah Witness's look upon him as a saint, so this should be quite a blow to them.
That is absolutely NOT true, and never was. Everyone I know was disgusted and embarrassed by him and relieved when he renounced his religion in a public statement back in the early 80's.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Everyone gets ripped apart on BYC :duc woops that slipped out!!!!! No offence, but I needed a needle and thread after BYC. :lol:
I am SO glad it isn't just me then. There is one particular person who seems to feel it is their priveledge, nay, RIGHT, to insult everyone and make snide remarks. He would make people feel like morons when they themselves admitted to being new to poultry. Because of this type of behavior, I don't go there anymore.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I wonder if he will start "turning up" in Walmart's across the nation and the rumor will begin about him not really being dead? :D
I had that same thought....

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
freemotion said:
ticks said:
freemotion said:
He gave HIMSELF that name! And the media ran with it! Not earned.....self-proclaimed. Sheesh.
You have already proven tht you weren't, aren't, and never will be a michael fan. Your "dissin'" him, and it cuts me up inside. Why don't you just go find a new thread where you talk about how awful he was. :(

:lol: I'm just kidding I think that guy was a bit of a creep too!
:smack

Oh, wait, did I just hit a kid??? Oops.... :plbb
I prefer the term young man. I am not a "kid", really!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
He was a Jehovah's Witness??? :th
His mother and sisters who are not in the entertainment industry are/were, after "Thriller" came out (decidedly not JW behavior, along with all the crotch-grabbing!) he made a public statement that he was NOT a JW. Some reporter on one of the magazine tv shows, who obviously is a major bigot, did a piece about a MJ cult among young JW's.

We all guffawed at that.....not with mirth, but with disgust. The good people never grab the media's attention.

And the media rarely gets facts straight. Facts don't sell. Sensationalism does.

Ticks, as for you, young man...... :lol: