Goodbye my Goaties! ='(

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I move this Saturday, in two days.
No more garden, no more fresh air, no more good food right out in the yard, and no more goats! :hit :hit :hit

I went out yesterday and took pictures of all the girls one last time.

Libby, Nota, Jenna, Blanche, and Ann Robin;
007-11.jpg

Libby and Blanche looking for goodies inside a rotting log;
025-4.jpg

Jenna (notice she finally lost that last horn);
022-2.jpg

021-7.jpg

Blanche;
035-5.jpg

Robi;
042-7.jpg

026-8.jpg

Miss Libby;
016-5.jpg

Nota;
030-2.jpg

Robi & Blanche
052-2.jpg

Foraging;
009-5.jpg

013-8.jpg

Cottonwoods;
012-9.jpg

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I know how you feeI, I am stiII sad about my horse "Trigger" that I had to seII to go to coIIege....back in 1988!!!!!!!!! :hugs

(It is dark in here so I can't find the "I" key on the other keybord...not worth turning on a Iight.)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I didn't know you were moving, Merle. Sorry you can't take your girls with you...I know that must hurt. Is it just you and your mom moving or ?

I was thinking of getting out of the sheep business but I couldn't bear to lose Black Betty and Mo....they are too close to what I want in a sheep. How can you ever find that certain combination again?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Those are beautiful. Too bad you cannot take them with you.
and what bibliophile said.

It must be hard for you to leave them behind :hugs

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
No Bee. Unfortunately it is just me who is leaving. My mom is staying. She will take care of them while I am gone. I'm not sure if she will ever leave him..
If we were both leaving I won't even miss them, that freedom for both of us would be far more superior to any loss.

After so much depression even coming back here to visit would be too much I think. I do not hate my dad, but I cannot stand to be around him, it makes me feel ill. So I never want to be around that again. It will take time for me to forgive and forget. I am sad, but I am also glad that I will no longer have to deal with any of that. Everything I am leaving here (items) I told my mom to do what she wants with. Keep them, throw them, give them away, burn them, whatever. I have no use. If I forgot the items in a day or a week, then I do not need them. I have a couple of bags and four boxes with my items already.

If I was to find my own place in the country that I could have animals, I have a cat or two, my Muscovies, Heathcliff, and two doelings, Zarela and Morgandy, born this year that I would take with me.

As time goes on I think the number of animals will dwindle down as my mom finds more freedom going back to school and work. Then hopefully she will turn around, look, and see that she really needs none of this.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Are you off to college? I know I sound awful nosey but I really want you to be somewhere safe and good....are you going to be?