Google's listening..?

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
did anyone else notice that they have admitted that the Chinese placed "back door programming" in ALL of their electronics? And it doesn't help to buy "made in the US" because all the chips are now made in China.

Of course they did! Why? Because they could. What a way to "conquer the world". :th

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
did anyone else notice that they have admitted that the Chinese placed "back door programming" in ALL of their electronics? And it doesn't help to buy "made in the US" because all the chips are now made in China.
And we shipped them all our jobs, now the pay back for being stupid.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have been googled!!
Yesterday I got selected for "random Drug Testing" at work. Since we just moved to the new office across town, I had to go to a new place to pee in the cup. I used the google maps on my phone for directions to get there. When I got there, it was in a building complex along with a spa, a chiropractor, a cyrogetic weight loss place, and a couple of other businesses. I have received at least 12 new ads/offers for spa treatments on my phone so far.
I usually have the location function on my phone turned off, but for some reason every time it updates something, it turns itself back on.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, I screwed up! I found and ordered a tablet for DS for Xmas and only read the details properly afterwards...

"Designed for widescreen entertainment, Fire HD 10 features a brilliant 10.1" 1080p Full HD display, up to 1.8 GHz quad-core processor, 32 GB of base storage, 2 GB RAM, and up to 10 hours of battery life. Use Alexa hands-free mode to pause videos, play music, open apps, display the weather, and more--just ask."

I'm going to have to find and kill her as soon as that tablet arrives here... He wants something he can play games on and this one is rated high and I got it for a VERY good price. It's just the Alexa :smack

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My poor old flip phone is a treasure! :D

BUT anytime I look up "things", I then seed ads for/from that place on here!! I don't like that.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boo!

I get excited when the ads don't make any sense and theyre random things I've never looked up. I'm like, yes! I tricked it! Lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

100% correct chips are made in China. And I might add you have to be very careful where you buy chips from. There are so many fakes out there, that burn up as soon as you apply voltage to them, that it's not even funny. Digikey.com & Mouser.com are both legit suppliers.