Google's listening..?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, it is creepy! I've done a search on my work computer for things that then start popping up on my home computer. GRRRRR!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Smart phones are creepers for sure... Here's an example type in TIRERACK.COM and
see what ads pop up on this site :) or even better yet. Just say TIRERACK.COM and go to Google and see what ads popup on any click bait site.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have Alexa, only use it for making shopping lists. Sometimes she just starts talking.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This new car I got...Altima Nissan 2016.....when I first got it, it asked me if I wanted to download my contact list...TO MY CAR!!! :ep

Nope. Nope. Nope. wth would I want to do that.... (???) :he:th

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
did anyone else notice that they have admitted that the Chinese placed "back door programming" in ALL of their electronics? And it doesn't help to buy "made in the US" because all the chips are now made in China.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
did anyone else notice that they have admitted that the Chinese placed "back door programming" in ALL of their electronics? And it doesn't help to buy "made in the US" because all the chips are now made in China.

Of course they did! Why? Because they could. What a way to "conquer the world". :th

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have been googled!!
Yesterday I got selected for "random Drug Testing" at work. Since we just moved to the new office across town, I had to go to a new place to pee in the cup. I used the google maps on my phone for directions to get there. When I got there, it was in a building complex along with a spa, a chiropractor, a cyrogetic weight loss place, and a couple of other businesses. I have received at least 12 new ads/offers for spa treatments on my phone so far.
I usually have the location function on my phone turned off, but for some reason every time it updates something, it turns itself back on.

Latest posts