Got a stove....

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay...and since I know some of you all have dial up, I'll only post a couple pics...

DSC06591.png

DSC06599.png

Roosmom....do you seriously have the book? lol wow, that would be interesting to see!! :cool:

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:( The two that I have at home are not that old pioneergirl. But if you really want one, check and see if it is on eBay. Sorry, Mine are Maytag Dutch oven booklet and Westinghouse booklet. I also will keep my eyes open for you.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cool pics---old appliances have such an "air" about them!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My mom says she never saw another like it...says its probably worth quite a bit! Love, love, love it! How does the burners do? Even flame and all?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We bought a Country Charm stove that was made by the House of Webster. It's not a true oldie like yours, it's just a reproduction. But we love the old look. Ours isn't hooked up yet, as we need to hire an electrician to run the new 220v outlet into the kitchen.

It's actually made with cast iron using the original wood stove casts. The thing weighs a ton! We are looking to purchase a real, working wood stove to go with it later.

CountryCharmStove.jpg

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Beekissed....not sure how well it works yet. DH needs to get home and hook up a gas line to it for testing, lol. It all looks 'well used', so I'm hoping I get just as much use out of it as its previous owner.

K0xxx....love your stove! There are many places that do reproductions, and some of them make you really look twice to see if they are 'original' or not! lol

We are thinking, lol, see, we have a room that we can shut off from the rest of the house. It has a window on the east wall, and french doors on the west wall, which lead to the deck. So our thought was to put the stove back there, and make it a summer kitchen when I'm canning or whatever. Since this stove is 1940, we were thinking of redoing the decor to make it a 1940 kitchen. I've been looking and it doesn't seem too hard. I can make the curtains, and we already have dark tile, and light green walls. I have an enamel top table that has cream legs that I stenciled ivy on, so that would look good with the stove. We are just trying to figure out how a woodstove would 'blend in', lol. The room is on the north side of the house, and is exposed on 3 sides (north, east, west) so it gets chilly pretty fast back there.

Anyway, any thoughts, suggestions, or input would be great!!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Great pics!! Hope i get as lucky as you some day & find one like that. Now heres to hoping it works proper for you.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
That is so great!! Its a good thing you tracked that guy down who bought it and offered him more money.
I have done the same thing at auctions.
I can't believe he let it go for so cheap.
Hey ya know for that price, even if it didn't work its worth it.
You could have the whole thing rebuilt. There are people that specialize in that.
You are gonna love cooking on that!

KOxx,
I have a reproduction stove, just love it.
I will have to post a picture of it. Is that a work space to the right or a set of electric burners as well?
I have the 4 gas burners on the left and the two electric on the right but its flat ceramic and it doubles as a workspace.
I love the extra burners during holiday dinners.
Anyone else got old stoves to show us?

pioneer girl, I am seriously happy for you. I love things like that from the past, imagine the people that use to cook on that for their families and what the times were like for them then. You know like what was going on in the world back then.
Or am I the only nutcase that thinks like that?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
"Is that a work space to the right or a set of electric burners as well?"

It just a work space. It has the four electric burners and a small oven. The stove is very small, by modern standards. We couldn't even come close to cooking a huge turkey, like we have done in the past. We will be keeping our large gas stove, but only for holidays and power failures.

It won't be soon, but we hope to build a summer (detached) kitchen eventually, and move the gas stove out there. We are also looking for a working wood cook stove for our kitchen.