got.covid

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad you are better. Hope rest of fam is soon doing well. A real hot, long shower is great for opening sinuses and lungs -- just like the doctor says! Tell DW to do couple times a day and see.

You are SO right about the cooking and eating. Hey, I always have oatmeal, flour, sugar, eggs, etc in the house. There's pancakes to be had. Kids can learn that cereal is not the only breakfast. Sausage gravy & biscuits are a favorite of mine. Or a biscuit with butter & jelly! French toast? Yeah, you have plenty to eat, just not same old! 😁 make bread. Since you have kids, milk would be a buy item. I even have the dairy at home, goats. Awwhhh....farm life is good.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
kids don't have to have cereal every morning. there's eggs, lots of corn meal so we could have corn bread and milk. or even rice with butter and sugar for breakfast. (I guess there's a difference in the raising, I grew up poor)
Sounds like my house growing up. My dad loved cornbread and milk for breakfast and I can remember many times we had rice w/ sugar and milk for breakfast. I paid homage to my dad a couple weeks ago and ate the last of the cornbread the way he loved it - in a glass of milk w/sugar(substitute).

Hope ya'll continue to improve. Give your wife some of that 'shine for her cough...or at least make her a nice toddy, lol!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Speaking of recipes... Who's got a breading recipe for fried chicken? Every time I've tried that all suck even with 5 star google ratings. Could be a pebmas (problem exists between me and skillet) error though.

flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. paprika is the secret to good chicken

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
50 mg zinc pincolate + 500 mg quercetin
May take additional quercetin up to 5,000 mg per day

81 mg aspirin daily to prevent clotting

Vitamin C to bowel tolerance

As much dark leafy greens as you can eat (3 cups or more per day) or vitamin K1 supplement

I'm sorry to hear your family is sick. I hope you all recover completely. :hugs

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Practice deep breathing to keep your lungs open- in Tai Chi they call it Don Tien (sp?)- use your diaphragm to fill the lungs from below- the chest should not rise that much- then push it all out as much as you can; this allows you to get MORE fresh air with the next breath. Obviously, if you are coughing, this won't be easy to do; but the more you can keep your lungs open the better

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You need 200mcg of selenium daily. Selenium fights off virus. If your selenium levels are low, you get a virus and get sick. We got some for friends and put it on their mailbox so they could take it. LOL If y’all are ordering groceries for pick up, add selenium to the order and hope they have it.
Sorry y’all are sick. You have chicken, make soup with LOTS of garlic and fresh ginger. Get better and please check in with us so we know how y’all are doing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
yeah....after 2 hot toddies you don't have a sore throat and you just don't care about the other stuff. lol
I fix a hot toddy when I feel sick and crappy. Since I am not a drinker, about a tablespoon or two is enough to send me right off to sleep, no sore throat and no coughing. Haha