got.covid

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I keep a gallon sized container full of DIY pancake/waffle mix. I use 6 grain flour, white flour and lots of finely milled corn meal. It's a great option when bread products are low. You can also use that mix as a great base for a quick bread (banana bread and the like) by adding eggs and extra sugar. Just note the ratio of baking powder/soda in your base mix, and adjust accordingly for your quick bread.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I keep a gallon sized container full of DIY pancake/waffle mix. I use 6 grain flour, white flour and lots of finely milled corn meal. It's a great option when bread products are low. You can also use that mix as a great base for a quick bread (banana bread and the like) by adding eggs and extra sugar. Just note the ratio of baking powder/soda in your base mix, and adjust accordingly for your quick bread.
What is your recipe for this mix?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just go into my cook book and find a recipe for waffles or pancakes. Then... I multiply the dry ingredients accordingly to fill my container. Generally, I mix up 8 - 10 C. of various flours at a time. It works pretty good to put it all in a gallon bag, and then roll and knead the bag to get the other ingredients well distributed. So... when I make waffles, all I have to add is milk, egg, and oil.

10 c. various flours
5 - 8 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 tsp. salt

When I make waffles or pancakes, I just wing it. Dry mix, plus 1 egg, a small glug of oil, and milk to make things the right consistency. I could put dry powdered milk in the dry mix, but... we have a hard time using up a gallon of milk before it sours, so I don't bother.

If you want to make muffins, quick bread, coffee cake, just look at your ratios and add more sugar and oil as the particular recipe requires.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wife is ok. another kid got a fever today. look a like we aren't leaving the house for a while longer.
So you say you all are quar
I just go into my cook book and find a recipe for waffles or pancakes. Then... I multiply the dry ingredients accordingly to fill my container. Generally, I mix up 8 - 10 C. of various flours at a time. It works pretty good to put it all in a gallon bag, and then roll and knead the bag to get the other ingredients well distributed. So... when I make waffles, all I have to add is milk, egg, and oil.

10 c. various flours
5 - 8 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 tsp. salt

When I make waffles or pancakes, I just wing it. Dry mix, plus 1 egg, a small glug of oil, and milk to make things the right consistency. I could put dry powdered milk in the dry mix, but... we have a hard time using up a gallon of milk before it sours, so I don't bother.

If you want to make muffins, quick bread, coffee cake, just look at your ratios and add more sugar and oil as the particular recipe requires.

"Winging it" means I best stay ways from this recipe.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Speaking of recipes... Who's got a breading recipe for fried chicken? Every time I've tried that all suck even with 5 star google ratings. Could be a pebmas (problem exists between me and skillet) error though.

flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. paprika is the secret to good chicken