Got it free - whatever it is??

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Bee, love the play house. That's such a nice idea. MMD, your piano is beautiful! I didn't get mine for free, but close to it. I think I paid $65.00 for it. At times I'd like to get a smaller one-mine's an upright, but it has such a mellow tone to it that I don't really want to.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, what a fun thread! @Mini Horses, great find with the dog house! Sooo often, it really is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Bee, I like that table turned into a grill! Good idea! And thanks DD. At the time, there was NO way I could have afforded a piano, and the one we were given is sooo much nicer than any I could have bought.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This is a wonderful thread! :) I got a few things in the house that was free too, things we were given by friends and strangers. Both our TV sets and DS's PlayStation were given to us for example. Lots of clothes, shoes, sport stuff for DS as well. I often see things listed for free online as well, furniture etc, but mostly in the cities.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got the two round bales in the forefront of this pic for free...just putting out word of mouth. Now, the fella that gave these to me says he'll never throw his old hay out on the fields anymore, but will just make sure it comes to my house! LOVE that! I have an orchard that needs it....

100_0220-jpg.5410

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know this has shown up in some of the posts/pics already posted in the thread. But what I’m thinking is, how about some show-and-tell about things you’ve gotten for free that, at the time, you could see you’d need to repair or would want to adapt to a new purpose? Things that became sort of “a project” small or large.

You know me… I’m always interested in that stuff.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Joel, today I was finally getting around to repurposing some large old screens into garden gates. These were given to me by my brother, as he owns a house built back in the 1800s and it has a lot of old relics in the basement that he has no purpose for. These used to be in a sun room on that house, a room that no longer exists. They are custom made for the windows, not sure out of what kind of wood and I hope they hold up in the outdoors.

They will require a coat or two of paint in the spring...I had started painting them but then we ran into cold weather, so will get back to getting some really good layers on them when it warms up once again.

I just tacked on some rabbit wire and will likely fix something to the upper edge to discourage chicken leap overs when all is said and done. I'll get a pic of them when I get them mounted as best I can.