government:

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
roosmom...means In My Opinion!
Yes I do....Everything is IN MY OPINION....lol
I think salt n pepa say it best "opinions are like --------and everybody's got one" lol

:D OMG I just got it, you mean it as in IMO......oh lord am I dense or what, LOL. So ignore the previous post. Dense, i am dense geez o pete.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Age 24 problems...oh my....I don't even want to ask...LOL...if you are head banging then it is a biggie....your smilies are funny!

Wow do I agree wtih what you said.....we don't own anything. Everything is an illusion and can be taken from us in a heartbeat! From freedom to land to money to your life.....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
IMO, I think the government should stay out of our personal business.

For instance, Marraige laws are a state issue, NOT a federal issue. Quit mucking up federal business with local (state) business.

Don't come in and tell me how many animals or what kind of animals I can or can't have! Don't expect me to report to you what I do or don't have either! (Screw NAIS!) I have a constitutional right to own property, that included LIVESTOCK without goverment interference!!

ok stopping now...sorry....
Why stop? I agree, but if people think for one minute that they truly OWN anything they are sadly mistaken and it is only going to get WORSE.
what does IMO mean? lol
IMO means in my opinion..

You are right, we don't truly own anything. We pay PROPERTY TAXES which are clearly unconstitutional! Once they started enforcing property taxes, you no longer owned what you have. We are all on permanent leases to the government.

Gravelcreekfarms

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh boy, someone asked for my opinion..... :old I agree with most, that America comes first and we need to solve our own problems . Less government intervention would be good. The more they jump into everyone's business the more the American public thinks that they are "entitled" . The politicians in Washington are far removed from the real world. My husband and I talked about what is happening right now, two year previous. We saw the huge McMansions going up,knew the people who were living in them. Saw that they were using credit cards for food because their house payments were too large.
My conclusion.....Not a single politician ever goes to a grocery store and sees people using a credit card for food. (and I mean credit,not debit) They don't notice people selling horses, house hold items and pets on Craiglist. And by the discriptions you can tell some of these people are hurting. The politicians have never been there. They do NOT know what it is like to lose your job and wonder if you can get another. They do not have to live paycheck to paycheck.
Sorry this is such a rant but I'm am so fed up that I could just spit!! I will tell you this, I am country born,bred and I come from a small town and I'm PROUD of it!! :ya

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gravelcreekfarms .....Not a single politician ever goes to a grocery store and sees people using a credit card for food. (and I mean credit,not debit) They don't notice people selling horses, house hold items and pets on Craiglist. And by the discriptions you can tell some of these people are hurting. The politicians have never been there. They do NOT know what it is like to lose your job and wonder if you can get another. They do not have to live paycheck to paycheck.
Sorry this is such a rant but I'm am so fed up that I could just spit!! I will tell you this, I am country born,bred and I come from a small town and I'm PROUD of it!!
From one small town resident to another, you are correct!! Those that are suppose to represent us in Washington have lost touch with the reality of a life that is not paid for by the tax payers of America and the lobbiests. This is a problem... but not the biggest problem! The bigger problem is that these politicians don't care that they have lost touch with the reality that effects small town Americans every day! They are too busy living high on our money, padding their wallets and positioning themselves for high paying jobs when they leave government, with the companies that lobby them now.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BUT nothing will change until we get our heads out of OUR ***** and change it. WE are the ones who put these type of people in charge. WE allow them to stay in charge. If you dont think that is true then tell me why the drinking age was changed to 21? Because all those 18yr olds didnt get out and vote. This may not mean you personally but I am sure you know Someone it does pertain to. We the people means we the people, not "we the few who are out of touch with reality".

Oh yeah.....IMO, lol

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Change never happens fast in the government, no matter who is in office.

But we must participate to create change, no matter how long it takes. We eventually get the good changes..LOL

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We need to take care of our own first. Forget global economy & government(our forefathers did not set up our gov't for this). And get rid of all the stupid earmarks in Washington. Just pass a bill that pertains to the issue add nothing else to it. Okay I know that is more than one.

Latest posts