Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe you need to get out to the old house and see if there is room for the 2 sons and the DILs to build their own places out there..... out of sight.... keep your privacy maybe???? Let them haggle over that section.

We talked a little about it yesterday during moving. I really wanted 10 acres. But 20 acres is what I got. We drove the one lane road that boarders the property on the north side, which is the long side of the rectangle and looked at the land more closely. There's at least 6 good places that are on high ground to build a house and electric is already ran via telephone poles down the one lane road. The land is rolling, so you would want high ground for a house. I still haven't agreed to sell any of the property yet though.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s so nice to move into a house where you find the previous people have done things well! That’s so much better than running into a bunch of screwed up stuff that makes you say “what were they thinking?!”
I totally agree! While looking at the place. I told my wife to distract the agent and look at the girly stuff. So I could check out some stuff alone. It's like next to impossible to have a good look at stuff with my Wife and Realtor in tow.

Come to find out from John our neighbor across the road. There are two septic systems for the house. The old traditional one and the new one installed by the previous owner. The new one for the house is currently using is an aeration type and still under warranty. From what I understand the previous owner wanted aeration system, for no good reason other than just wanting one.

Eventually I'll hook up just gray water to the old septic (bath, shower, sinks and laundry) to the old septic and use the new aeration septic for toilet flushes. But that's off in the future... In any event it's good to know that I could fall back to the old septic if the new air should fail.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never fails... In the midst of moving, turkey hens started hatching eggs. These lil guys are 3&4 days old. I'm feeding them ground 18% all flock and distilled water.

IMG_20200718_114018409.jpg

IMG_20200718_114006536.jpg

I have them on the screened in porch. Of course Baby Bear thinks he's momma hen. Everytime they start chirping, he comes and gets me, whining and pushing on my arm with his pig nose. I'm not sure how well this is going to go over. Turkey's raised by a Rottweiler.
IMG_20200717_202512845.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seems to be going over quite well! He's attentive and wants you to help. :love PAY ATTENTION -- :D I can tell you that there won't be much of anything get to those chirpers with him on guard. Just this -- no wine for him!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got my 200 amp 220 volt breaker box moved and rewired. Amazingly the man cave has a brand new Carrier 25HCE4 air conditioning / heat pump with an additional electric furnace. That's never been turned on. The batteries for the thermostat still have plastic wrapper on them and the electric pannel never had power to it.
IMG_20200721_191906621_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200720_191816690_HDR.jpg

Our Electric Coop engineer is coming Tuesday to meet with the electrician to give the go-ahead to upgrade our meter main with a meter main combo breaker box and give me a 200amp 220 volt drop to the man cave. Then I'll have air conditioning & heat :)

My wife and I moved a little more stuff early this evening. She did some unpacking in the cool house while I took a shower in sweat working on the electric in the man cave. She then mowed the lawn this is the third time she's mowed the lawn and she's getting a lot better at the zero turn. She got it done in an hour and 15 minutes this time. I was apprehensive at first but she's happy I assigned her lawn mowing duty. She has a floppy hat with a hole in the back for her pony tail and radio headphones so she can listen to KLove Christian music while she's mowing, I'll get a picture of her mowing next time. 😂

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our neighbor lady does all their lawn mowing with their zero-turn also. She is pretty good with manuvering through their shrubs. She does all the snow plowing with the ATV and blade also.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My 4 turkey chicks are doing well on distilled water. I'm no scientist by any means... But I think our "city" water that contains clorimine, was what was poisoning my previous broods. I've read that turkey hatchlings don't have fully developed livers like chicken hatchlings do. So feeding them pure water that does not contain clorimine or clorine, is a logical sense approach for me to try. Distilled water is as close as we can get to pure water.

IMG_20200722_215913663.jpg

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Interesting. It makes sense that city water, with Chlorine or Chloramine would be toxic. I find that I absolutely can't drink city water if I detect the odor of it.

Latest posts