Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am assuming that hydro lift means that it is hooked to the hydraulic arms so that it can be lifted completely up as opposed to the old style that could only be pulled behind the tractor and not lifted up after the end of the row. Since we don't use any moldboard plows due to the rock ground here, I really don't know the value there....Looks like it is decently taken care of...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am assuming that hydro lift means that it is hooked to the hydraulic arms so that it can be lifted completely up as opposed to the old style that could only be pulled behind the tractor and not lifted up after the end of the row. Since we don't use any moldboard plows due to the rock ground here, I really don't know the value there....Looks like it is decently taken care of...
Do you know what the wheel is for? Granted all of this is new to me, but I don't ever recall seeing a small plow like this with a wheel before.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Doing a little more research on the international plow forsale a few posts back. It's the craziest plow I ever seen. I'n not even sure how it would work, but it apparently does.
unnamed.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interesting discovery today. Did you know in southern IL if your property adjoins a county maintained road you have the right to have the county pay to put egress from your property to the county road? By egress, I mean a covert, gravel and grading.

Guess who's getting more access to their property for free?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here we can have them install and gravel for free but we have to provide culvert. And only one freebee per property. 😁 The state also maintains all ditches along public roads. I get my front ditch bank grass cut about 2x a year. Love that!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Do you know what the wheel is for? Granted all of this is new to me, but I don't ever recall seeing a small plow like this with a wheel before.
The wheel is for transport when the plow is in the "up" position. You "drop" the boards for plowing and the wheel rides along

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you @FarmerJamie . You have probably more experience and knowledge of it. I hadn't been back on here but as soon as I saw the question a few minutes ago, I was going to post just what you said. Many implements that are heavy and cumbersome, will have transport type wheels. It is for safety, and stability and takes the pressure off the hydraulics as well. Again, there are few moldboard plows in this area due to our rock and ledge. You will see them more in the eastern part of Va.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In our county, we provided the culvert and the county put it in. They will put in two 20 foot culverts, so we got a 40' wide culvert, plenty of swing room for truck and trailer.