Grandmas Cabin, Coffee Pots On

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We made it with fir needles (the only pines we have are ponderosa, which are not recommended- they can cause abortion, apparently). The fir had a mild, fruity taste; not nasty at all. I understand pine has a light citrus flavor.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have southern yellow pine, will that work?

Also the green sweet gum balls have shikimic acid in them.

GrandmaDeKorte

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have southern yellow pine, will that work?

Also the green sweet gum balls have shikimic acid in them.

yes, yellow pine should work

GrandmaDeKorte

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Four-Thieves-Vinegar-Recipe.jpg

I made some cleaner with Rosemary / Oregano I let it soak for 2 weeks and bottled it.
IMG_0492.JPG IMG_0494.JPGIMG_0581.JPG

GrandmaDeKorte

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMG_0467.JPG

Happy Friday ladies, I hope you had a good week,
@Britesea did you get any rain? I hop so, I wish I could blow some your way. Well, one cup down, I am going to go out to the coop, its 5am.

I have been in the book of Philippians this week
4:8-9 is my focus, not to let hear say and worry pull me left or right, but to stay the course.
To focus on the task at hand and in all I do , do as unto the Lord, my very best.

GrandmaDeKorte

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was talking to @The Moonshiner about his new walk behind weed eater and he offered to come help cut stuff, Hehehehehe bless his heart,,,

We live on a 16degre slopping hillside surrounded by Salal (Gaultheria shallon) blackberries &PNW forest=
a year ago April, I went out with my EGO hedge trimmer, chain saw and a pair of branch cutters,
IMG_0743.JPG

I started at 8am and didnt stop until 6pm, I cut everything that I could about 1pm, until I needed Grandpa to help with the bigger chain saw. I dragged everything I cut to a burn pile and raked up the small stuff.

DSC_0613.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

Oct. 1 we started out burn piles, we had 3 different areas where we piles brush to be burned, this one was the hardest, over summer while it all dried out, a few BB vines moved in, we pulled the pile apart bit by bit, started at 8am and we kicked it, when we were done grandpa almost couldn't make it back up to the house (2013 falling off the roof, another story)
IMG_2008.JPG

So, you (He) gets the trump the work load,, you(he) have nasty snakes to dodge Eeeeeeyuck

GrandmaDeKorte

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had some leftovers- andouille sausage (our local butcher makes AWESOME sausage) sauteed with some cabbage and onions, and a salad of mostly purslane and a bit of lettuce.

We have lots of aerial predators here too. In fact, Klamath County boasts the largest bald eagle population in the lower 48. But our property has lots of trees, bushes, structures to break up approach patterns; plus our LGD keeps her eye on the sky and warns them off. Sometimes we'll lose a hen to an owl because the silly thing didn't want to go into the coop, but that is rare.

We've discovered an alternative to coffee... brewed cacao. It has theobromine, which gives you a boost of energy but no jitters. Tastes like bakers chocolate.
Have you tried the powdered cacao from costco?
I have had a cag and just haven't opened it yet, we drink more decaf than reg. I like the Orgain protein powder in my coffee

Latest posts